Left Big toe is tingling and bruised sensation

By December 2, 2009 - 6:44am

I know this is a some what non related Q. I thought I'd ask you before I went to my doctors.

My Left big toe feels bruised and tingles all the time. Its been going on for about 3 months. The nail is discolored with white and dark patches on it. I thought it was a fungal problem but I've taken pills for my feet and its all cleared up except for my big toe.

Sometimes my left ancle cracks and I cant stretch it out proberly.. which hurts then its fine.

Can anyone advice on this sympton, I seem to be forever in the doctors

many thanks again

x meka

Thanks so much for the tips, I had some Vick's vapor rub at home and applied it!
I felt the benefits almost straight away, this morning Im feeling very minor tingles and the bruised feeling has reduced so much!

Great advice
thanks and Happy Christmas!!
x meka

Hi Meka

Thanks for your question.

Were your other nails the same way before they cleared up? Your symptoms are very much linked to a fungal infection, even the light and dark patches. Your big toe may take longer to heal since it's twice the size of your other toes and the nail is up to four times the size so it appears to take a lot longer to grow back to a healthy state.

There are many "natural" ways to help with toe fungus, like mixing Listerine with white vinegar and applying to the toe as well as increasing your omega 3 fatty acid intake.

Many people swear by Vick's Vapor Rub.

Have you tried any of these methods? Toe nail fungus is notoriously slow to heal so give it a little more time, although do mention it to your doctor if you don't see any results at all.

As far as the ankle cracking, that's pretty common (same as the wrists) and may not be related to the toe nails.

Does this information help you?