menopause, when will it be over

By Anonymous November 14, 2011 - 9:57am

i am 52 years old, going through a really rough menopause. i was coping find with my symptoms until last march. i was getting alot of hot flushes but one night i just starting getting hot flush after hot flush the whole night long. the same thing the following few nights. i became very anxious. shaking etc. went i went to my doctor my estrogen was below 18. she put me on hrt, the first lot of hrt didnt work so i am now on another type. some days are good but mostly not. i will be coming off hrt soon. i really want to know how long will i feel normal again? i am finding the whole experience very hard. i have also tried alternative medicine but nothing seems to work. thank you.

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry Menopause is so difficult for you. I know that many women have a really hard time with it - utterly unfair, really.

Are you coming off the HRT because it's not working? Have you tried bio identical hormones, rather than synthetic? It might be worth talking to your doctor about.

Menopause can last from a year or two to even a decade, especially with hot flashes. Some women feel hot flashes years after they haven't had a period for more than one year.

Menopause varies quite a lot with women - no-one has the same story to tell.

To read a lot more on Menopause, including various treatments for it's symptoms, click here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/menopause

Anon, talk to your doctor about your options, based on your specific needs. No-one should have such a length of misery for something that is a natural (yet highly symptomatic) stage of life. Let me know if the link helps.

Menopause Guide