missed period, negative tests

My periods have been usually regular. I was expecting my period to come 5/13 and all that came was one pea sized spot of blood and that was it. It is now 5/22 and since then, no other blood has came and I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all have been negative. I've done some research and some say the same has happened to them and for some they didn't get a positive the whole time but they were pregnant and for some it took a long time into pregnancy to finally show a positive. Should I wait a couple weeks and take a hpt again or what? I've had some random nausea through out the days since I ,missed my period, had some cramps in the right side yesterday, and have been more tired lately.

Have you been having unprotected sex? 

A pregnancy test is nearly always accurate. You will hear many stories online about the experiences of others but take them with a grain of salt. Everyone has a different experience and believe it or not, there are many women on baby boards who fake pregnancy! 

Your one spot of bleeding could be an indicator of implantation bleeding so indeed you could be pregnant although it's very unusual for a false negative on a pregnancy test. 

But as I said, we're all different. If you have been having unprotected sex, I would suggest you get a blood test from your doctor and you'll get the results straight away - they may even be able to do imaging there too at the time of your appointment. 

Since you are experiencing something different (nausea) and a skipped period, I do think it's a good idea to know once and for all via a blood test. 

What do you think?