Missed pills - Logynon

By August 4, 2009 - 5:00am

Hi, I don't know if someone can advise... I missed the last 3 pills in my pack. I am taking Logynon and its a 21 day pack so they are all active. I had a break through bleed earlier than expected due to missing the last 3 pills. I took the 7 day break and continued to have unprotected sex throughout this period. I am due to start my new pack of pills today. What is the likeliness I could have fallen pregnant within the last week? If I take the pills this month and it turns out I am pregnant then will taking logynon harm the baby? I am married and it would not be an issue if I was pregnant but I am not sure whether to start my new pack or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Hello There,

I have a query along these lines also.
I have been a bit busy a work the last week or so, I have recentley just got back on the Logynon Pill after having 5 weeks of Bleeding in the middle of my pack.
My Gyno has checked this out and there appears to be nothing wrong and everything is healthy.
However, I have since gone back on the same Pill that I am more than happy with, I had sex last Friday and missed two pills the days before, I since remembered these on Sunday and in which case took them all, I since then had sex again on Sunday.
What are the changes of being Pregnant and when could I take a test?
I have been suffering with lowers cramps, VERY tired (usually asleep by 8pm) and have had sore breasts, but I don't know if this is because i'm panicking!
I know works isn't a good excuess for the missed pills!

Please advise????

I have a similar concern. I missed two days and took them all the last day (so I took 3 pills). I'm supposed to have my period now, but its very very light brown discharge. Im feeling dizzy a lot lately.

for jobear11, how are you? Did you get your period?

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi, Anon. I'm concerned about your dizziness; did this start before the spotting did? Or at the same time?

Ordinarily, when you miss two pills, you should take two doses the next day and two doses the following day. In other words, let's say you missed Monday and Tuesday's pill:

Monday - missed pill
Tuesday - missed pill
Wednesday - take monday and tuesday's pills
Thursday - take wednesday and thursday's pills.

It may be that taking three pills at once has bothered your system a little. Were they the last three pills of your month?

Dear jobear11

Thanks so much for your question and welcome to Empowher!

Since you missed three pills in a row, you are at risk of pregnancy. Since you missed your last three pills, you would need to NOT skip a week, just started a new pack straight away. You probably should not have taken the 7 day break.

Please take a pregnancy test to ensure you are not pregnant. Birth control pills can cause a risk to the unborn baby.

Since you forgot your pills in the last week (then got your period, I assume?) you may ovulate this month, especially since you took the week break.

You should use a backup method like condoms until you are sure you are not pregnant, and then resume the Pill again.

We wish you the best and please keep us updated!

Many thanks for your response, can I ask when is the earliest I can take a pregnancy test? Should I wait and see if I get my period or can I take it earlier? I have been told that the earliest you can detect it is 2 weeks after conception

(reply to jobear11)

You're right...it will take a few weeks after sex for a home pregnancy test to detect the "pregnancy hormones" in your body, as this is about the time of implantation (if it occurred). You can also call your doctor's office, and let them know your situation, as they may want to do an in-clinic urine pregnancy test (it would still be at least 2 weeks to wait after the unprotected sexual encounter).