My bladder fell all the way so i can see it and i have no leakage!

By March 11, 2009 - 12:35am

Hi my name is Kathy and my bladder fell all the way to the opening i can see it only if i have to psh to have a bowel movement. I had surgercy las tuesday and the doctor told me that he could not use a mesh because my bladder was to thin so he had to it the old fashion way and i had a historectory a very long time ago so he had to hook it to tissue and muscle and he told me if it falls again there is nothing he can do about it. So if it falls again will i have to war a bag on the side of my leg i dont have any leakage and i drain my bladder fine. So what will happen. Hope you can help. Thank you! Kathy

I'm just starting to research information because I'm having the same problems. My first child was 8.1 but my second was 10.5 and her head was turned. It was a difficult birth and my stomach caved into a V after afterwards. I wouldn't doubt lifting and moving furniture and stuff over the years made a difference too. I will be talking to a doctor and reading what I can to decide what to do.
Thank you

First of all dont mind my spelling i cant spell very good at all! Hi Its been a long time sence i have been on here but my bladder fell a year after i had it done so i went to another doc and she operated on me in 2010 and put a y mesh in. I have alot of pain in my pelvic and my family doc checked me and she could feel something on my right that she said it was not normal i could feel it when she touched it. It felt like she was holding it in her hands i told her that it hurt there. My doctor told me that she was going to make an appointment for me with a different doc but that doc wouldnt c me because he told her that he has seen so many women with the same problem that its a bad mesh and he said that i should go and have it taken out because of all the problems that women r having with the mesh now. There r so many of then that r defective and i found out today that the name and numbers of the one that was put in me is one of the recalled ones and that i can start having more problems with it . Anyone having the same problems please comment. Thanks Kathy

I'm 43 and have same issues with bladder coming thru vagina plus looks like uterus is coming out too. Got an appointment for urogynocologist soon. Wondr your posts are 2 years ago. How are you doing now?

Thanks for the update Kathy! I hope you can get this resolved. Good luck on the 17th and keep us posted!

I have the same problem mine is about a 1/2 inch of come out and my cervix too. My next App. Is next week to get me ready for my surgery too they said my surgery will be at the need of Oct. Oh my this hurts so bad I want them to do it now not wait. Thank you so much for letting us know. Thank you so now I don't feel so alone I pray y'all heal good they did that they are going to have to make a swing to hold my bladder up and the tube is flying in the wind so they have to brase it with some skin from my who Hhaaaa to fix it.

Thanks for everyone one's help with my bladder problem, i have an appointment on the 17 of this month so hopefully they will tell me some good news. I have already tryied the pessary's and they would not stay in place and i have tryied more then one they would syat in for alittle part of the day and fall out so he gave me a different one and they just wouldnt stay so keep fingers crossed for me and wish me luck on the 17th. Kathy

If the bladder is prolpasing out the vaginal opening, then this is considered a significant cystocele. There are two basic treatments: a pessary or surgery. Both options are viable and depends what your needs/desires are.

A pessary is, in general, a rubber ring usually that is placed in the vagina. It will support the bladder and keep it up. It must be removed periodically to clean and for sex.

Bladder proplase after can recur in up to 30-40% of the time, especially if other vaginal proplases are not dianosed and corrected at the same time. A small mesh patch can be placed to bolster the repair which significantly reduces recurrence rate. Your surgery should be done by a specialist in the field.

Matthew Karlovsky, M.D.

i have a friend thats going to the same thing and she just pushes hers
back up. of course she hasnt had sex in a while but the only thing i and she see happening is possible bladder infections. sorry i couldnt help more

Kathy, I agree with SusanC, surgical procedures to correct a prolapsed bladder have proven ineffective in the long run. I do not like anything invasive if it is not necessary. The question is, are you at a point that surgery is the only option. Have you discussed or has the doctor offered the option of Kegel exercises and/or Yoga? What you need to do is strengthen the muscles that hold your bladder, the only way is by exercising them PRONTO! Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic which offers information on Kegel exercises. I hope you consider learning to do them in the comfort of your home, while driving, at the office, pretty much anytime! I wish you well. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

Thanks for your question. I am assuming you had surgery to correct a prolapsed bladder?

Some people do find that the procedure ultimately fails over time due to the natural thinning of tissue. The surgery can be redone although it becomes more difficult due to that same issue of thinning tissue.

But many people find that the procedure remains in place so have faith that you'll be one of those people!

Do you know what caused the prolapse to begin with? It may answer to how well your surgery will work - please update us.

In the meantime, check out our information here, on prolapsed bladders : http://www.empowher.com/condition/bladder-prolapse

Bladder Prolapse