ask: My boyfriend continues to save pictures of naked women on his computer after I've asked him to stop! Then masturbates while I am sleeping in the same room!

By Karma

Hey guys. I have been holding this story in for so long that I had to get it out to someone, as I have been too embarrassed to ask friends. I have many questions, and was excited to see there was a site that I could vent to. My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now, and have had plenty of ups and downs, but the biggest fight that ever comes between us is his appearing to be addicted to looking at women on the internet. We have lived together most of the time that we have been seeing each other, which has been difficult for us, as we rushed into it way too soon, but because of this, I know many things I wish I didn't. First problem we had was he had hundreds of pictures of naked women saved on his computer, which personally I found disgusting, and hurtful!! The numbers continued to grow, even after I told him that I understood if he needed to look at them online to "get off" but I strongly insisted that I was not okay with him saving the pictures. After refusing to do it, I finally had a massive break-down about it, and his response was that he was so sorry and then the next day he showed me that his pictures file was empty, and that he did it because he loves me so much and knew how much it meant to me. Of course I was ecstatic, only to find out that a week or so later, he had just moved them into a folder of a folder of a folder so that I would never find them again! He flat out lied to my face! I felt cheated, disgraced, mortified, and betrayed, it was horrible! Since then there have been many discussions about how I am not comfortable with him saving the pictures, and have asked a million times for him to stop, in which he gets extremely angry with me, and says I can't tell him what to do, or he will agree to stop...but continues! I can't control my anger about it sometimes, and end up going in and deleting all of them out of rage, yet he just continues to save them! And to top all of that off, he will look at them, as well as a million other sites and masturbate while I am sleeping in bed beside him! Waking up to this, I have told him so many times how disgusting and disrespectful I think it is, but I cannot get him to stop! It feels like every morning I wake up to see there is a towel beside his computer to clean up his "mess" and it is actually starting to make me completely not attracted to him, because I am just so grossed out by it! Why can't he just go to another room? Or do it when I am not around? In-turn I feel like it is extremely affecting our sex life, because he just doesn't seem to ever want it enough, especially for a 21 year old! Please help...I don't know what to do anymore about either situation! He refuses to respect my wishes or even appear to care about my feelings. Am I being unfair and overreacting about this?

Anonymous

I know I've seen this way late but ik what you are going threw. The guy I'm dating now keeps on looking at Port on his phone and saving naked pictures of other women. I feel like shit because of this because it makes me feel like I'm not good enough. With that even being said we have sex alot everytime he wants it but when I want it he rejects me. I have been threw this before with my ex husband who is the father of my two children. And he knew everything that has happened between me and my ex and how I feel about it but he still keeps doing it. And everytime i confront him about it he gets all pissed off at me for looking threw his phone. Yes ik I was in the wrong there but something was telling me something wasn't right and so I looked and I find out I was right. I am at a loss of what to do because of my children he is a great dad to them and they love him and when he does leave when we fight they both ask where he is and goes looking for him( mind you they are 2 1/2 and 18 months and they don't know their real father because he walked out and wants nothing to do with them) I'm am at the point I want to end it but don't know if I can bring myself to do it. Oh also one more thing. The one night he came home from work for a few hrs (he used to work on a tow boat for two weeks straight and one week off) he was messaging a girl and was making plans on meeting up with her but when that fell threw is when he came home to me.....

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your boyfriend is cheating on you. Your kids will never remember him if you get rid of him, they are far too young. 

You shouldn't be putting up with this nonsense - having a "dad" in your kids' life is good but not if he's a lousy boyfriend to their mother. He seems to have checked out of the relationship already. 

Your ex is legally bound to give child support so I hope he is doing that. If not, start the process. You will also be entitled to back pay.  

Of course he gets pissed off at you for checking his phone - he's cheating! 

Move on from this guy. Your kids are witnessing you fighting (trust me, they know, even if you think they don't) and will suffer from this.  You can do this without a man. And down the line, when you are ready, you will find real love. 

Anonymous

Im having a similar problem. I have been with my partner for over 4 years and he has constantly looked at naked pictures of women. I found out in the past he has contacted ex girlfriends, he has even met one for a walk. He has promised he has stopped texting them and I do believe him however he still downloads photos of naked women and he admits he masturbates over them at work. I never ever turn him for sex, infact im a highly sexed person myself. We have a brilliant sex life and he always comments on it. I am 8 years younger than him and really try to look after myself, I run, mountain bike and try to keep healthy. I get comments from others about my looks and figure. I dont understand why he is doing this, it has really knocked my confidence and I keep asking "what is wrong with me?"

There is nothing wrong with you at all. You could be a supermodel and your boyfriend will still obsess over porn. He sounds like he may have an addiction going on. 

He loves porn and that's who he is.  Unless he wants to stop, it doesn't sound like he will.  Masturbating to porn at work is a bit disturbing, if he gets caught he'll lose his job. 

You can tell him again that this bothers you and see if you can work it out together.  But if he won't you have to accept him for who he is - people don't change if they don't want to.  

lou234 (reply to Susan Cody)

Im asuming he is doing this while showering in cubicle after work as he is a mechanic. I have to admit I have insecurity issues and do search through his phone to find things then confront him, he then looses it and flips out. I have offered on many occasions to watch porn with him but he doesn't want to watch it with me nor does he want to watch the film, he said watching it with me, makes him uncomfortable as there are other men on it. He just seems to want to look at naked women.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to lou234)

Hi lou234

Your relationship isn't healthy at all.  There is no trust, thus no real friendship. He doesn't want you to get off on seeing naked men but he's completely obsessed with naked women getting it from naked men. 

You really ought to aim higher.  Seriously - your boyfriend sounds like an ass and he has no respect for you. 

Give yourself the gift of getting rid of him. He will never change. 

Anonymous

this forum is sad... seems like a place girls that held an unrealistic view of men go to comfert and bash men... this is a plague of society...

Anonymous

I've been going through the same for over 5 years. Men have the ability to be faithful physically but not mentally ( or as we see it - emotionally). Mine claims he loves me but will not stop trying to chat to meet up for encounters with low self esteemed tramps. Every time he gets caught he denies until the end of the world until evidence in his face then he breaks down talking about all of his past & present problems & states he needs me.

I tried many different ways to address it... Confronting, threatening to leave, showing him what it does to my self esteem, even tried acting like a tramp - he liked it but it didn't stop him from looking &. Chatting more. So I stopped since he didn't appreciate the nothingness this has made me become.

Since we have a child together I feel I can't do anything to stop it & can't leave... I've given up. He thinks everything is ok but I know about everything he is still doing I just expect it now k don't care to bring it up. It may not b the best thing for me but it works for everyone else in my life & that's what matters.

My views on love have changed forever, love is mere fairy tale idea. There is always going to be another woman with better assets than you & he will notice & fantasize & wish.

Just decide for yourself if you accept this to be with him. If yes, decision is made, if no you'll have to go find some other guy that will do the same or hide it very well.

To be a fool with eyes closed, that is the question. Fidelity doesn't exist.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this, but there s real love out there, I'm afraid you settled down an had a baby with the wrong man. Being a man doesn't mean byyou can talk to Other women, it's different to hear"check thm out" this is harmless, but what your man is doing is trying to cheat. You need to Either leave him, or do the same thing he is until you can leave with baby. Please don't let him cheat on you..

Obviously you may need to move on from your relationship but love isn't lost - that's doing our men and our sons a great disservice if we think this way. This relationship didn't work out of you but you will probably find love again! 

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :