My HGC levels have dropped from 167 to 137 but no bleeding etc and still pregnancy symptoms at around 4-5 weeks can I still have a viable baby

By Anonymous January 26, 2012 - 9:14am

Generally, a drop in hgc levels is not a good sign, particularly as they should be increasing in great numbers at this stage in pregnancy by doubling about every two days. 

But some women have low levels for their whole pregnancies and go on to have very healthy babies so this isn't always the case at all.

There isn't much you can do now, unfortunately, as your pregnancy is only a week or two old (despite the 4-5 week date, the actual pregnancy would be half that) so just keep the faith and have your doctor monitor you.

What has he/she said about this drop?When are you testing again? You should not see a drop again as your numbers should be increasing quite rapidly now.

I hope we hear back from you!