My menstrual cycle lasts 3 weeks to a Month

Hello, I'm 22 years old and ever since I can remember I've had very irregular menstrual cycles. But for about 9 Months or a year now, my cycle has been lasting 3 weeks to a month. It varies from light to heavy flow to blood clots, every time I see a Doctor they say its normal (everything is normal for Doctors now in days - you can go with a broken foot and they see that to be normal- ) I have become very tired lately, I sleep a lot and wake up tired, not much energy going on here. I don't get the abdominal pain I used to which is ode because there were days I couldn't even get up from the pain, but I guess its one less thing to worry about. I've had a few ode things happen this past year. 1st - headaches, not just regular headaches, the type that keeps your head from staying up on its own. 2nd- Swollen feet, this went on for a couple of months to the point where I had to go to the ER. I spent about 5 hours there and yet again I was told by a "Doctor" that this was normal. 3rd. weird feelings in my body, things like numb arm, foot, lip, not being able to focus, blurry vision even with glasses on, the list goes on. and last but defectively not least and what concerns me the most is becoming anemic by the amount of blood I continue to loose each month.

Please help!!!!

Thanks for your post. 

We hear a lot from our readers about doctors telling them that constant bleeding is normal. Of course it's not normal! I doubt doctors would put up with it if it was happening to them. Perhaps they say it because they are too unmotivated to find solutions. 

I've had great doctors but may it's because I go in very prepared, with suggestions about what may be going on and how to look into treatment. 

This doesn't mean we as patients have to know all the solutions - that's what doctors are for! But the more knowledgeable we are, the better our doctors will work for us. 

Have you tried going on the birth control pill? That can help enormously with constant bleeding. You should also be taking an iron supplement. If your doctor did not suggest that I think you need to look elsewhere for your medical care. 

Some of your symptoms may be auto-immune related. I think it's a good idea to make a list of these symptoms and see an auto immune specialist.  I'm not suggesting you have one but many of your symptoms are found in autoimmune conditons. Read more here and I think you will see yourself in much of this:

Please let us know what you think and don't give up! 

Autoimmune Disorders