my period

By Anonymous February 11, 2015 - 8:36pm

I stayed on my period four seven days went off it for only one day now I'm back on it is this normal I am 47 years old maybe on going threw change of life

I am 44 years old and sexually active. I have had hot flashes since my late 20's and I missed my Feb period...and there appears to be no sign of my March period. Any thoughts?

A pregnancy test is a good idea. 

If it's negative, you may be entering peri-menopause - you can read more on that here: 

At 47, your period may indeed be changing as it's likely you are perimenopausal - the time before menopause sets in.  

This is a normal stage in life, there is nothing that needs to be done (unless you're getting bad symptoms and then by all means ask your doctor for advice).

The birth control pill can help to regulate your cycle if that's something you would like to do. 

Read all about perimenopause here: 

Perimenopause Guide