My period is lasting 2 weeks more than usual what is wrong?

I'm having my period longer than unsual and I'm pre-menpasal stage and my periods use to stop and barely show it was pink,and now its heavy and lasting longer for the past two months.It's now hasn't stop for two weeks,and I'm worried because I started my period at,11 yrs. old and I had four children and don't want anymore.Also, my pap smears has been normal since being dianosed with hpv,two yrs. ago.What should I do.I know I need to go to the doctor.

I'm sorry you're having these troubles.

The years right before menopause (perimenopause) can change the body quite dramatically in terms of the menstrual cycle - it's regularity and decrease or increase of glow. Some women experience heavy clotting and bleeding, others see less than what they are used to.

Regardless, no woman should be bleeding for this length of time. It can cause anemia, fatigue, dizziness and other conditions that aren't comfortable or safe.

Ask your doctor for a hormonal check up and advice about how to stop this long-term bleeding.

You can read more about peri-menopause here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/menopausal-transition-...

Perimenopause Guide