My period stopped 1 year ago. I'm going to the doctor for annual check-up what questions should I ask?

By Anonymous March 5, 2013 - 11:16am

I am healty, but about 25 lbs overweight. I am experiencing minor hot flashes (at night), fuzzy brain (sometimesI can't complete sentences) and I have joint pain.

If you haven't had a period in one year, then you are officially in menopause!

You can ask your doctor about ways to help with hot flashes and discomfort, along with other symptoms. If you have no history of cancer, HRT may be for you or ask your doctor about natural options.

Read more in our Menopause Center here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/menopause-center

Also look out for signs of depression and keep your bones strong by exercising and making sure you take plenty of calcium.

Menopause Guide