my tubes are tied but i missed my period, can i actually be pregnant?

By January 27, 2016 - 10:18pm

hi i'm elisa, i had my tubes tied march 21,2009 and for the first time since then i missed my period. when i was 14 i had part of my right fallopian tube removed, so i guess i really have to ask, with one tube and then the tubal ligation almost 7 years ago could i be pregnant? i did the calculator and i would be 6 weeks pregnant. i took a home pt this morning but i barely slept, drank fluids and peed about 4 times before i took it (i see now that was a no no). i have 3 children total and i was 20,21, and 25 when i had them it's been a while i'm 32 now, i guess i want to know is this possible. other than a little pelvic tightening, a little breast tenderness, more frequent urination, i haven't felt too bad. i do feel a little crampy like i do before i start. sorry so long i just want to make sure i explained, i'm still in shock! thank u!

Pregnancy after a tubal is possible although rare. A test at 6 weeks would normally be accurate - try a blood test at the doctor's office to confirm whether you are or not. If not, you may have a hormonal imbalance that's causing an interruption to your cycle this month. It may be a once-off thing but if it continues seek medical advice.