ask: need strong advice

By Keisha lee May 23, 2014 - 6:26pm

what would be the best way to boost my sex drive at the age of 19 i ave no sex drive what so ever is that normal im on birth control so that adds to more reason to very very poor sex drive what can i do to change this issue

sorry for talking like this on comment i m new user i don't know how to message to a concern adviser . i had sex before 5 month ago and after 3 months i used some tablets to loose my pregnancy . i had light spoting cycle . i went to the doctor in ultrasound report every thing was normal and doctor sad me that your baby is healthy and normal is their is any compilation afterwords or any problem to the baby.

Keisha lee

as soon as i started aving sex i started taking birth control so i didnt really give my body much time to adapt

Hi Keisha,

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. Men and women definitely differ when it comes to libido. Men hit their peak in the teens and 20s while women don't hit their peak until mid-30s. If you believe birth control is causing your low sex drive (as in - you had a sex drive before starting your birth control) - you should contact your doctor that prescribed it and talk about possibly changing your prescription. 

I hope this helps and keep us posted. If you had a sex drive prior to your birth control, it may be the hormones that are causing it. 

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :