Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: need an urgent reply plz..... wht causes the stomach acidity in my family????

By snq

hi.... being a house wife i m so much worried about my family health ...since past few months my 38 yrs old hubby and 5 yrs old daughter are on & off suffering from stomach upset & acidic pains etc.... our gp diagnosed that genetically they are very sensitive in this regard.... can anybody tell me the major causes of this kinda stomach problems??? i mean wht kinda life-style or food causes this "acidity or hyper-acidity"....?????

Hi snq

Thanks for your post.

With regard to the genetic factor - how did the doctor decide this? Did he/she run tests? I'm just curious.

What is your family diet like? If you are using a lot of spices, it's a good idea to stop that and use more bland foods. Give it a week or two to see if the pain stops.

Here is a list of foods to eat and avoid: http://heartburn.about.com/cs/dietfood/a/heartburnfoods1.htm

We hope to hear back from you!

What's your favorite veggie? :

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window