no one can find what is making my wife sick

about 20 yrs. ago my wife went to a women prision to talk to them about safty. a few days later my wife was really sick in the stomech diarea and throwing up all the time. she lost alot of weight had to stop working.a very high dose of stariod 90mg day for a year. my wifes eye went bad catracics had to get eye sergury. then the skeletor system went bad. now here legs swell the right more then the left there swellon for about 1 1/2 weeks very painful they go down for about a week and it starts up again.my wifes ears get very hot and red but this only happens between the legs swelling.my wife had 3 lower back surgerys and one neck surgery were cleveland clenic put 4 bridge plates in and one is cracked.my wifes hands show signs of RA.

Thank you for your question and I'm so sorry your wife has been so ill. It must also be taking a heavy toll on you.

Do you think her sickness was somehow connected to her prison visit? To be sure, high, enclosed populations are apt to be a hotbed or viruses and bugs.

It does sound like RA may be a possibility. RA is an autoimmune condition that sometimes leads to other autoimmune conditions like Lupus.

What specialist is she seeing? Is she seeing an autoimmune specialist? Has she been tested for all conditions in the autoimmune family?

Long QT Syndrome