No period for 2 months and I'm 46

Had tubal when I was 26 just tied , always regular period, can stress cause no period? Could my tubes come untied

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Pregnancy at the age of 46 with a tubal is highly unlikely. I assume you have taken a pregnancy test. If not, do so.

Tubes can actually grow back but the risk is only about 1%. But this is why you should test - just to be sure.

Peri-menopause can start as early as mid 30s to the 50s. One of the first signs is a cycle that is becoming more irregular so this may be what's going on with you.

You can read all about peri-menopause here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

If you skip next month too, however, talk to your doctor about other possibilities as to why this is happening, if it's not peri-menopause.

My tubal was just tied no cut and burn just tied and it was just at my period, and I've not had night sweats well day sweats I work 6pm- 6am and I get nauseous at 3 am for the first month and still do every once in awhile but no I haven't took a test afraid I guess my younger sister is due with her baby girl any day, oh my gosh no sexual inter course for over a year and I do condom bust and this ugh I lost weight by eating healthy walking and work I sweat and hydrate with water and Powerade but my belly is there now , I had it flat

Hi again Anon!

You need to take a test to rule it out, that's what they are there for, otherwise it's just a guessing game.

Again, the odds of pregnancy are extremely low. Period changes and weight gain with peri-menopause often come first and long before hot flashes. This is far more likely the cause.

Perimenopause Guide