No Period in 52 days, do I need to see a doctor?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child since August. We didn't get pregnant our first month and my period came on September 22nd. I used an online calendar to predict ovulation and watched my cm. I think I may have ovulated later because I had absolutely no cm until around day 28. My cycle averages between 28-31 days. Here I am on day 52 waiting for my period still. I have taken at least 15 pregnancy tests, all of which have been negative. I'm not surprised they're negative because I don't have pregnancy symptoms (other than some occasional breast tenderness). Is there the slightest chance I could still be pregnant? Could there be something wrong with me where I need to see a doctor? I don't have health insurance so I don't want to go to the doctor if I don't have to. And I don't feel like I'm under more stress than usual...just feeling frustrated that it's so late because we want to try for baby number two.

You may have just missed your October period; this can be normal for many women to miss a period for no "apparent" reason.

However, since you are actively trying to conceive and have missed a period (first time, ever?), it is wise to call a doctor. I am concerned, though, that you are already not wanting to call a doctor...and you are trying to have a baby? Do you have access to pre-natal care, once you do become pregnant? If not, maybe we can help you find some resources in your area.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks for your response.

And there is no need to be concerned about me not wanting to go to the doctor. If we get pregnant I will go back on medicaid. Right now I don't have insurance but I know there are clinics available that use a sliding scale if I have to go. I just don't see the point in going if it's normal to miss one period.

(reply to Anonymous)

Good to hear back from you!

Since you are not experiencing any symptoms that are troubling you, you may have just missed one period. It would be a good idea to call a doctor if your period does not begin by the end of November, since that would be two missed periods in-a-row, and you are trying to conceive. You would want to rule out any medical condition that would prevent you from being able to conceive as early as possible (that may cause a missed period), but please know that many women miss a period and it is normal for them.

Please let us know how you are doing!

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Well two days ago I started having brown spotting. Yesterday it turned red and today it has gotten a little heavier. There has been a lot of clotting. It definitely has not been a "normal" period for me. Thanks for answering my questions and giving me some support.

(reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for letting me know!

Sorry you got your period, I know that was not the outcome you wanted, but it's good to have an answer.

Remember not to get too discouraged with trying to conceive; it really can take even the healthiest and most "active" couples up to 12 months to conceive.