Flu

Flu Guide

ask: Pain in arm after flu shot

I had a flu shot Sept. 2008 and remember it hurt when given. Since then I have pain in my upper arm and shoulder (it's now been a year). I believe it is nerve damage from the needle going to deep. I have had an MRI. meds and now going to Chiro with no relief. I cant't put my arm behind my back or lift it over my head and forget about putting weight on it. Does anyone know of relief for this condition?

Thanks

Anonymous

had my flu shor administered two months ago. I had normal soreness but then it persisted and has been getting worse. I have difficulty putting my arms over my head and certain movements cause sudden sharp pains close to the injection site. I saw my sociopath today and am hoping that after a few sessions she will help provide me with some relief. I will update and hope that it may help some of you.

Joy n pain

I received a flu shot at Medexpress Oct. 2013A few days later I started having terrible pain in the upper arm where I received my shot. Every day, all day long since, I have suffered with pain. Sometimes it shoots down my arm. It hurts when i try to play w my grand kids. when in the vehicle and I reach to gv them something I lift it to put on a shirt or take it off, to get something out of an upper cabinet, or even having different possitions during sex. Basically anything I do is very difficult to get comfortable at night and sleep. I usually wake up on and off through out the niteI can't sleep on my right side. I dont know what to do. I called where I had the shots and she said couldn't possibly b something they did. Right ok. But I had gastric by pas 10 years ago so I can't take alieve or any kind of NSAIDS. What if anything can be done. It's so depressing not being able to play and take care of the babies or anything else. I feel so helpless.

Anonymous

I had the flu shot in early October, 2013, and have severe pain at the injection site. The pain also goes into my shoulder, forearm and back of the arm, and can't lift at all. I've had an x-ray which was suggested by my doctor, with no problem being seen. I also reported it to Stop & Shop Pharmacy where I got it. They sent papers to fill out. I am going to have a CT scan to see if that shows anything. Never had a problem with pain in my arm before, and now 3 months since the shot the pain seems to be worse. HELP!!! Lou

Anonymous

OK SO I JUSTGOT THE FLU SHOT THIS MORNING AND MY FINGERS ON THE ARM I RECIEVED IT ARE SUPER COLD AND MY WHOLE ARM IS TINGLING.DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS SAME REACTION. AND MY AR IS SUPER SORE.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Both of these symptoms have been documented here on EmpowHER. I hope these symptoms have subsided for you.

I also received the flu shot several weeks ago and my arm hurts so bad. I can hardly lift small items with my left arm and it feels very heavy. It is very hard for me to sleep at night and if anyone grabs my arm, I scream very loudly from extreme pain. It has also been hard to shower and bathe with my left arm and forget trying to place it behind my head. I am very upset about what has happened to me. I was fine before my co-worker (nurse) gave me the shot. I pray that I will recover from this soon. It is sooo very painful. I am going to try Aleve as someone suggested in an earlier post. At this point, I am willing to try whatever will help relieve the pain.

Y. Yes that happened to me for the first few hours an d then it slowly went away. I was on here a few years ago and had that same arm pain everyone is posting about. I'm thinking they hit a nerve in my muscle. Well anyways, after a year of my arm being achey and sensitive to touch, it all finally went away. Since then I got my flu shots in that same left arm and no pains or problems. I feel blessed. I can say time healed my wound. Just posting so you know it does heal after awhile. So far so good an d I'm thankful.

sunmoney (reply to Anonymous)

I received my flu shot the first of October and my arm has been getting worse since. Now I cannot use it very much. I decided to look up and see if anyone else had this issue and was surprised to see the many results. I am going to try some of the things that the others have tried. I wonder just what they have injected us with??? If anyone has some really good advice, I have to get up at night and go to the recliner my arm hurts so bad.

Anonymous

I HAVE PAIN IN THE LEFT ARM FROM THE FLU SHOT. THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE THE PHARMIST HIT A SCARED MUSCLE BUT NOT SURE. WILL CALL DOCTOR ON MON. GOT THE SHOT ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO AND NOT GETTING BETTER.

Anonymous

Got my 18th or so flu shot in sept 2011 & had all the awful pain everyone on this site is talking about. GOOD NEWS!! I started taking Aleve 2/3 times a day (recommended dose is 2, but pharmacist told me I could take 3) and wow, it's almost completely healed! Chose Aleve b/c all this reading brought me to the conclusion that it was due to inflammation and Aleve is made just for that and Advil isn't as strong. I'm sure the DR could prescribe a stronger one, but he's the one who gave me the shot!! Next year, getting it in my butt, if at all...So posted so everyone might see this..pay it forward, you know?

Are you getting, or have you had a flu shot this year?: