ask: Pain in arm after flu shot

I had a flu shot Sept. 2008 and remember it hurt when given. Since then I have pain in my upper arm and shoulder (it's now been a year). I believe it is nerve damage from the needle going to deep. I have had an MRI. meds and now going to Chiro with no relief. I cant't put my arm behind my back or lift it over my head and forget about putting weight on it. Does anyone know of relief for this condition?

Thanks

Anonymous

I posted here a while ago, but here is my update. I still have pain in that arm/shoulder. I am never going to have flu shot again. My advice will be to do some kind of exersice to move that arm more. Good luck and be healthy everyone!

MissyCrissy

Well almost time for flu vaccine again, but gonna have to pass on it this year. Last year it messed up my whole arm but thankfully with the help of Gabapentin it went away. This month I have been diagnosed with Bells Palsy. I've had this since 1st of August and does not seem any better as of today. I also have Sciatica and was wondering if all these nerve problems could be related in anyway.

Anonymous

I have been watching this blog for months now. I had my flu shot December 30, 2014. I am still in pain and lately it appears to be getting worse not better. I am still going to medical massage therapy every other week. That helps temporarily. I took all the drugs, steriods, pain pills, Neuotrin, temporarily. I cannot live and work on that crap. It hurts when I sleep and hurts in the morning. After 5 months I would think it would be better,not worse. Have trouble getting jackets,shirts,etc.on. Think I may go back to acupuncture as it appeared to give me some relief before. Of course all these things I do are not covered by insurance. I have my annual physical this month and will be interested to see what the Dr. says now. Thanks for everyones input. It helps to know I'm not crazy.

Anonymous

This just so bizarre that so many people are having the same situation that im having.Receiving the flu vaccine myself for twenty years until oct 2015 getting my flu shot from walgreens I noticed having pain for weeks afterward at injection area,a few weeks after still having pain the pain increased in entire shoukder down forearm and right up to neck. Ok perhaps I injured myself doing something stupid.I will just shake it off like i usasally have done in the past.To my surprise hear I am five months later with same pain,with limited motion,cant sleep without a lot discomfort and still pain at injection point.Perhaps its time to see my doctor

I am having the exactly symptoms. At first, I thought I had done something to my arm at the gym, but it's lasted way too long for that a a number of sessions of medical massage are not really helping. Have you reported this to the government site that tracks adverse vaccine reactions? I've contacted my doctor and discovered my vaccine was made by sanofi pasteur, and I'm definitely going to post all the info on the website -- it's https://vaers.hhs.gov/index

I had my flu shot December 30th. Went to allthe Dr.s and nothing was really working. I went to accupuncture and massage therapy. By six weeks I was able to use my arm, with some pain, but much better. I still have weakness and some pain, but it is tolerable. Even PT didn't do anything. Give this a try

Anonymous

I had the flu shot in November 2014 and my arm still hurts so bad. I can't put it behind my pain, or lift above my head. The pain is worst in the morning if I sleep on the arm and even when I don't. My doctor says the needle is not long enough to have caused any damage. I have had an x-ray of my upper arm and shoulder but it showed nothing wrong. I need some relief. This is beginning to be debilatating!

Anonymous

I had the flu vaccine last September. Although I can feel a lump and have muscle pain in my upper arm, my doctor still denies it can be anything to do with the jab and hasn't even examined me.

Anonymous

Following this blog as I ma having the same problems. Had a flu shot in Nov. 2013 and her it is more than a year later and I am still having problems with my arm. I have had 2 sets of x-rays and 3 MRI's, taken steroids both orally and by shot and still have no relief.

Anonymous

I've been going through the same thing. Been in Therapy for 5 weeks now but still have pain in my upper arm and shoulder thought the pain was because I fell but now I know it isn't. I still can't reach behind m back. And I wake up with pain.

Flu

Flu Guide

Are you getting, or have you had a flu shot this year?: