Pain in arm after flu shot

By September 16, 2009 - 8:00pm

I had a flu shot Sept. 2008 and remember it hurt when given. Since then I have pain in my upper arm and shoulder (it's now been a year). I believe it is nerve damage from the needle going to deep. I have had an MRI. meds and now going to Chiro with no relief. I cant't put my arm behind my back or lift it over my head and forget about putting weight on it. Does anyone know of relief for this condition?

You need to contact an attorney. It is a very real injury, you need to seek help for this. Just write in any search box, pain in arm from flu shot, almost two years ago! Can an atty help?

I have posted on this site several times. I got my flu shot December 30, 2015 - 17 months ago. Still having pain. Also, had a frozen shoulder from the lack of use and went through cortisone shots. At this point in time it appears to be getting worse not better. The sad part is no matter what kind of Dr. you go to, they all think your nuts and no one believes me.

I had my flu shot one week ago. Pain in left arm. Extreme pain...not at the injection site but about 2" below and to elbow area. Figured I would let my doctor know and I also had Neurontin on hand. I was told to use my 300 mg 3x day. It is not helping. Pain is like ice to the bone. Miserable. Never will have another shot. This is for the birds. No relief from NSAIDS...nothing touches it.

I had my flu jab 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to sleep properly since.. It aches from my elbow right up into my neck.. It twitches and spasms if I use it to much.. It feels like I have a million little bubbles inside all popping away

I posted here a while ago, but here is my update. I still have pain in that arm/shoulder. I am never going to have flu shot again. My advice will be to do some kind of exersice to move that arm more. Good luck and be healthy everyone!

Well almost time for flu vaccine again, but gonna have to pass on it this year. Last year it messed up my whole arm but thankfully with the help of Gabapentin it went away. This month I have been diagnosed with Bells Palsy. I've had this since 1st of August and does not seem any better as of today. I also have Sciatica and was wondering if all these nerve problems could be related in anyway.

(reply to MissyCrissy)

Pain in arm gone but still tingling and numbness that never goes away. The pain did return again in Sept. 2015 and lasted two weeks. Went away but left with residual effects. I am into my 13th month with Bells Palsy and still not well.

(reply to MissyCrissy)

Guess what? One year later and the same exact pain in arm returned. Going through the same misery all over again. This time it's been three weeks since onset with no apparent reason. Went to doctor and am doing the Gabapentin and Norco treatment. No relief yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Will keep updated.

(reply to MissyCrissy)

Well the pain has subsided, but now I'm left with tingling sensation from shoulder to hand. The meds. did not work this time. The pain just gradually went away on its own, but I was left with the tingling.

(reply to MissyCrissy)

...and to make matters worse I'm into my 6th month with Bells Palsy. March 1st will be seven months living with this condition. Sometimes you can't win for losing!

Flu Guide