pain behind the right knee

By May 16, 2016 - 12:18pm

Hi, I had tripped over a tree root, walking across my own front lawn in the dark) 2 weeks ago. I was banged up with a skinned knee & a very bruised ego, but thought I would be fine. I have noticed some mild to severe shooting pain since the fall, behind my right knee. I read on line that a strain can take weeks to get better. I can use that leg to drive, & it does not hurt to use the gas or brake. The only time I have pain is kneeling (in church this past Sunday OUCH) & if I move my right foot in the inward direction the searing pain behind the knee is horrible. As soon as I move the foot back though the pain is gone. The pain is not constant only if I move it a certain way. Will a knee Brace heal this any faster?

I am also suffering from this.

Hi TraceyHenningson1414

I'm sorry about your accident. Sometimes a simple trip and fall can really hurt.

You may have some kind of strain which can take several weeks to heal. If you hurt a tendon, it could take longer and you may need physical therapy to heal faster.

A leg brace will certainly help to support your leg and keep it in one position. Don't engage in activities like kneeling that can cause the stain to feel worse. If you don't feel better in a couple of weeks, see a doctor to make sure the injury isn't anything more serious.

Read more about strains here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/muscle-strain

I hope you see improvement soon.

Thank you Susan! :)

Muscle Injuries

Muscle Injuries Guide