Pain in nipple area of right breast?

By May 29, 2012 - 8:56am

Hi, so I am 18 years old, and I am getting excruciating pain in the nipple area of my right breast, and its happened before a couple of times, and it also spreads. It occasionally happens in the left breast too. Should I be concerned?

Hi again

While we cannot diagnose anything, obviously, it sounds like it may be something to do with nerves. A doctor can help you further as you will need an examination.

It's sharp like a knife, and it's a sharp pain and lasts for about 2 minutes at a time.

Hi rachmccloskey

Thank you for your question.

What kind of pain are you talking about? Is is dull or sharp like a knife? Does it burn or ache? Is it a shooting pain or is your skin warm to the touch?

Depending on the answers, you could have an infection or nerve damage.

If the pain is unbearable, you need to see a doctor. Please give us any more information you can!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide