Hip Fracture

Hip Fracture Guide

I was in a car accident a week ago. I got t-boned by a car going about 45 mph. I have 3 fractures in the left side of my pelvis. I just had my first check up with the doctor today & he said everything looked stable & nothing had shifted. The problem is that I lost my balance getting up off the couch today & had to put a fair amount of weight on my left (bad) side. It seems that a lot of my left leg/groin/hip area is swelling now. What's the likelihood I did serious damage to my pelvis? Is it more likely that I just irritated the original injury? Thank you in advance for your insight :)

misvives HERWriter Guide

Good morning!

Thank you for your question. You would really have to get back to the doctor for x-rays to see what damage has been done. I am sorry to hear about your car accident and I hope you feel better soon but I would certainly follow up with your doctor to assist with your pain issues. Good luck.

Missie

Do you suffer from springtime allergies?: