Pregnancy Guide

ask: Period 2 weeks late. 2 Neg HPT, Last "activity" 9 days ago, no Period/Preg symptoms however some ovulation symptoms..? Confused, worried.

Hi any help appreciated :(
Have read countless other advices out there but can't pin point my issue.

I'm 23, average cycle approx 34days.
Unsure when I ovulate :S.
Not trying to conceive.

I'm 13 days late. With no symptoms other than light acne. I usually have acne, slightly tender breasts and light cramps and get a little sick and moody the night before.

Have done a HPT on 9 days late and 12 days late. Both negative. Always use protection, however not for the first few of minutes. I understand precum may be a possibility however unlikely. Have been with partner for 5 years never missed period. (Please look at other alternatives before stating this is the reason!)

Last activity (with protection) was 9 days ago..

I have an assumption but not sure if this is possible?

3 days ago being approx a week after last "activity" I had a mild sharp cramp on my right ovary only lasted a few seconds followed by very light cramping in general abdomen area. Which never returned.

The next day I checked out my cervical goo and found that there was not alot of goo and wasn't texture was a tacky diluted egg white which didnt hold its stretchiness, what ever was left there was a very very very pale brown colour and two tiny very very faint dots of blood in the goo about half a rice grain each. I thought I might get my period later but I didn't.
I've read small dots of blood occur during implantation which would mean maybe a sperm lived and got fertilised over the last week if I'm a late ovulate (can you ovulate 2 weeks after period was due or is that waaay too late?)

However! As a predominant pain came from my right ovary I don't know what this all means? Doesn't pain from a single ovary usually signify an egg releasing during ovulation? If it was implantation bleeding, why did one ovary get a sharp pain (which was followed by very mild short lived cramps).

Maybe I completely missed my period seeing that's its been 2 weeks, and that pain was my ovulation?

When should I take another HPT?

What are your opinions?

I'm really a lot more stressed then I sound :(

Hello!

Two negative pregnancy tests well after a period was due indicates you are not pregnant.

A woman can have cervical mucus all month long, but the stronger it is, the more it would mean she is ovulating. Most women ovulate midway in their cycle.

It sounds like you may have skipped a period for some unknown reason and be ovulating again. A blood test will confirm for sure whether you are pregnant or not but pregnancy tests over the counter are highly accurate.

You can do the blood test now and put the missed period down to....stress? Or whatever may have gone on in the last month or just something random - it happens, even to those who are regular on a monthly basis.

Or you can wait another couple of weeks and see if your period reappears.

Nggl (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was quite worried because I found on a another forum, many women had experiences of negative home tests after late period and only finding a positive result weeks later, which led me to think that these tests aren't accurate for every body :(

Would this the brief ovary cramp followed by tiny tiny spotting be ovulation? Are these symptoms similiar to implantation? This would mean I had ovulated 23 days before my next period. Seems abit extreme maybe.

Thanks again!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Nggl)

Hi again!

Pregnancy tests look for the hormone hcg which is ONLY found in pregnant women. Levels of hcg grow with the pregnancy (quite rapidly) but sometimes are hard to detect in an early pregnancy test. It's unusual for them not to show in a later test when the women is pregnant but the internet has millions of different "this is what happened to me!" stories - some are true; lots aren't. I can't tell you about your ovulation time - we just can't tell you that information as we couldn't possibly know but some women do feel a cramp or two when they ovulate. In terms of spotting, implantation bleeding is light - often light pink or brown and not usually even enough to fill a panty liner.

The only thing you can do to know for sure is get a blood test. Or an ultrasound if your insurance will cover it.

I hope this helps,

Nggl

Hi I'm the anon poster! Signed up today as a member! To add to the explanation above, 3 days before the sharp ovary pain, my cervix appeared to be "SHOW" or atleast high and soft with a medium amount of eggy goo. Over the last few days since it was high for that one day or so, it has gradually lowered and firmed with less goo, but not completely dry - the goo looks/feels like tacky remnants of eggwhite, doesnt quite hold stretchiness, is white, and there's not alot of it but theres always some there and its not dry, very slightly moist. Please help!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :