Please let me know

By January 5, 2015 - 8:29pm

Hi, I have a question to ask which is it has been awhile I have no appetite and nausea and I was told I have mycoplasma infection because I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I want to know and be sure what ways can a person be tested to know more about such infection? Would blood work be available for such thing if yes what kind of blood work would be done for such thing? Please let me know soon.

Hi Melissa

If you have mycoplasma infection, this means you have a bacterial infection that can be treated by antibiotics. We cannot tell you why you got this infection other than what you doctors have told you - it is due to your Hashimoto's Disease. 

There are special tests to diagnose this infection but I assume they were already done if your doctors have diagnosed you already. You will have to ask your doctor about the kinds of tests he did. 

I think it's a good idea to call your doctor and ask him more about this issue - we can only give you a broad guide as to what is going on. You have a lot of medical issues so your doctor is your best source of information and explanation. 

Good luck and let us know how things go-

okay thank you for letting me know.

Thyroid Conditions