Pregnancy test query

By Anonymous April 6, 2011 - 11:12am

Hi I had sexual activity on March 15th and my period is now late. Since I have been having irregular periods for the past two months, I'm not sure how to make sure when this one was due. I took a pregnancy test 19 days after sex (April 3rd) and again 21 days after sex (April 5th). Both tests came up negative. Should I assume that they were accurate and that I am not pregnant?

I haven't been having unprotected sex the only experience I had was on march 15th where my boyfriend fingered me and may have had precum on his hands but I made him go and wash with soap. After that I gave him a handjob and got semen on my hands but i went and washed them with soap as well. After that I urinated and washed my vulva with soap in order to prevent a uti. I'm worried that some of the sperm could have remained on his hands or mine even after we wahed and dried which is whhy I'm worried about pregnancy. That was the only encounter that (on march 15) we've had which was ten days after the first day of my last menstrual period (march 5th). Did our activities pose a pregnancy test? Are my tests accurate? My last period happened 32 days after the previous one and that one happened 35 days after the previous one. I am currently on day 33 from the last period and have no pms symptoms

Thanks for your post.

Since your period has been irregular of late, that's probably what's happening now, especially if you have had two negative pregnancy tests. Give your period a few more days to a week, and see what happens and if it still isn't here, test again.

If you have been having protected sex (have you?) then your period is very probably just a bit irregular again.

Good luck and thanks for writing!

Also just to add, I took the first response early result pregnancy tests with first morning urine and followed all directions very carefully.