severe muscle pain and weakness all over body after flu shot?

On October 1st, I had a flu shot, not the H1N1, just the regular flu shot. I've had the flu shot many times before with muscle pain and soreness in the arm that the injection was received in that usually subsided within a few days.

This time however, the pain was almost unbearable and seemed to be "spreading" to other parts of my body.

The first night it was just my upper arm. The second night it was my upper arm, pec muscle, muscles of the underarm, and muscles in the upper corner of my back. It was excrutiating and was slightly relieved with 800mg of ibuprofen.

The third night it was also in the muscles on the side of my neck.

The fourth night it was starting to travel down my arm into my hand and wrist. At this point I was also experiencing weakness and difficulty holding or picking up objects.

By the the end of the weak it had radiated to the other side of my body. So basically my entire upper body was painful and weak. Both arms, both upper back, both pec muscles etc... Again I'm taking 800mg ibuprofen around the clock which does slightly relieve the pain. I'm also using heating pads which slightly relieve the pain as well.

It has now been almost two weaks and it has radiated to my lower back, my stomach (as if i just did a hundred situps), my hands, my thighs, my calfs. I feel weak and am having trouble just sitting at the computer typing or picking up a drink.

As far as I know the flu shot can't cause this kind of reaction but, what else could this be??

I received the flu shot about 12 days ago. (Right arm.) Felt fine, except that as that day wore on, my right knee started to stiffen up. By the end of the day it had gotten quite stiff and sore...both in the muscles above my knee, and in the knee joint itself. I would declare it acute...to the point that I favor that knee when I walk, I cannot flex my knee fully without pain and stiffness, and my knee joint itself is very painful, right behind and to the inside of my kneecap.
At no time did I wrench my knee, didn't bump it or bruise it...leading me to think this flu shot is responsible for this reaction. I have NEVER had such a reaction before.

I took the flu shot because my husband insisted this is the 2nd time I've had these side effects My hands arms elbows an shoulders, I can't even straighten out my arm now the pain is terrible. Back an also neck pains I will never take another flu shot it's been 6 months now 2 years ago I had pain for over 16 months

Just received a flu shot for the first time. First night my knee was in pain and I couldn't sleep. The next day it's knees, feet, toes arms and neck. I'm not sleeping and feel dragged down; eyes half open. Coffee didn't help bring me out of it. The sleepy head that is..
Anyway, first flu shot and I better not get the flu this year.

I had a flu shot almost two weeks ago. I have had very painful joints. Every day the symptoms would appear somewhere else in my body/muslces/joints and now it's to the point I could barely walk today, but forced myself to walk my dogs a mile thinking that this would surely pass. It has not. My joints are so inflamed I feel like they are burning in my fingers and feet. My hips were both hurting the past several nights to where I could not sleep. My symptoms were very similar to those I read within this commentary. I should've listened to my own inner sensing, which was not to get the vaccine, but I thought it would help prevent being sick this year. Got my vaccine at Walgreen's Fluvirin MDV TIV 0.5 ML Never ever do this again.

I too Had a flu shot at walgreens in 2014 and the only I ever got in my Life . I became very sick.... I could barely also walk have pain in my toes , feet, legs . I could also barley stand because my feet feel like they're tearing apart and the same for my legs feels like the meat is ripping away. been diagnosed with myofasciapain syndrome.

How long did it take you I get diagnosed ? I have been dealing with this stuff for 1.5 years and these drs think I am crazy lol. I am still seeing a dr that is sending me for other stuff . And how did they come up with that?

I got the flu shot and my joints are hurting all over. I'm sluggish and having trouble sleeping. This was my first and to see the other post let me know I'm not just over thinking it.

I know it's ridiculous! I have pain pills left over from surgery and it only takes the edge off. My knees and feet are the worse. I have to use the Electric wheelchair at the grocery store because I can hardly walk. I'm so pissed! My 3yr old pediatrician wants me to get him vaccinated, I said no way. I hope it doesn't last long for you. I'm going to order some glucosamine to see if that helps. My aunt said market America is the best one. If it works I will suggest it on here. Good luck, hang in there.

I got my flu shot over 6 weeks. I had the normal pain which I figured was normal. I'm still waiting for pain to go away. A few days later my finger joints started to hurt then my wrist. After a few more days it went to ankeks, elbows and now knees!! I can barley walk and walk up and down stairs. At the dan time I was tapering off prednisone and this time I thought that was the cause but I honestly don't know. I have an appointment with rheumatologist. I don't know what to do?? I'm hurting and my baby is coming home soon from Nicu. I have to get better, someone please tell me this will go away...

Please go to see a doctor soon. Yes, there are normal side effects with the flu shot. AND some side effects can be life altering. My mother in law wound up getting Guillan-Barre syndrome after receiving the flu shot (her neurologist linked the two years later, long after she qualified to file a report) and is now permanently disabled.

Allergies Guide