Should I be this scared, beause they found scar tissue on my heart?

By Anonymous February 27, 2010 - 2:29am

I've always have had heart pulpitations in the past, but nothing abnormal. Recently I've been getting alot more, I explained to my Dr. it feels at times that butterflies have been released in my heart and I dont have chest pain but I do have what feels like to me is a toothache and its on the left side of my chest up into my shoulder and down in my left arm. I went for a stress test and it came back showing some old scar tissue,now I'm scheduled for an ultrasound.

Dear Anon

Thanks so much for contacting us - I'm sure this is a nerve-wracking time for you.

We have a video from one of our heart experts that I'd like you to take a look at :

Has your doctor mentioned anything to you about ventricular arrhythmia? This is something that people with scar tissue around the heart need to be watchful of. A ventricular arrhythmia is the name for a heart that beats too fast and too erratically and can sometimes be connected to having scar tissue in this area.

I'm glad you are getting more tests. Besides an ultrasound, an MRI is also a good idea.

Have you told your doctor about the pain and discomfort? Do you have a family history of heart disease?
When is your testing scheduled?

Please don't worry for now although I know that's so much easier said that done. Keep being proactive about your health (as you are!) and you can look forward to a long and healthy life. But keeping on top of this testing and getting to the bottom of the pain is very important at this time.

We'll be waiting to hear how your testing went - can you update us as soon as you can?