Should I take Clomiphene citrate (generic for: Clomid50 mg) to get conceive.

By March 11, 2011 - 5:12pm

Usually my menstrual cycles are 32-35 days. Last two cycles 35 days and 34days.
That means start of bleeding Dec 30 and Feb 5th and March 11.
That’s before really it was long break that means almost 60 days(this the first time) after I got my period on Dec 30.so I was worried and visited one GYN on Dec 30thevening time(but I got bleeding Dec 30 morning) .

GYN told me everything was normal and she suggest me to take medicine clomid 50mg if I have plan to conceive.

BT I did not take it bcz this first time in Feb i was start trying for baby. But unfortunately I am not pregnant, I got again period today march11.
Now I am confused what to do. Should I take the medicine clomid to conceive easily?
Or will I try more months without clomid. Bcz this the first month I was start trying.or without this medicine i will not get pregnant.
or if i take this medicine it will effect on anything.should i take this medicine?
plz help me.

can i take this med two days after im done with my cycle i now i should have took it the last day of my cycle

Hi everyone I have irregular periods and I took clomiphene citrate 50mg on July 2.2012 for 5 days I did a couple of pregnancy test but they all come out negative and just last week on Wednesday and Thursday I was bledding just 2 days I didn't wonna take another pregnancy test cause i don't wonna see another negative answer I'm gonna see my doctor this Thursday to see what's going did it work or not but do guys think?????? And before I took the medicine I did another exams they all come out positive and i also have a son of 6yrs old the doctor told me that he doesn't see why wouldnt I get pregnant if everything seems to see good???

Hi everyone I have inregular periods and i took clomiphene citrate 50mg my doctor I did differents test before I took clomiphene everything come out good well I stared on july 2.2012 for 5 days I did a couple of pregnancy test they all come out negative:( but last week on Wednesday and Thursday I was bledding and I didn't do pregnancy test cause I don't wonna see another negative answer can it be that I'm pregnant or it was just my period but my periods is always 4 days maybe 5 days and I have an appointment this Thursday what do you girls think??????????

Thanks You Maryann!

Your gynecologist should have taken the time to allow you to ask questions or should have explained how you can increase your chance of conceiving while taking Clomiphene.

Clomiphene therapy is typically used for 5 consecutive days early in the menstrual cycle for 3 to 6 monthly cycles. It may take several cycles to find the right dose to stimulate ovulation. After that dose is determined, a woman will take the drug for at least 3 more cycles. If she does not become pregnant after 6 cycles, it is unlikely that further Clomiphene treatment will be successful.

I am not an expert in the area of infertility, but, I would think that using a method to track your ovulation would be helpful to know when you would be most likely to conceive.

I am also taking Clomiphene. I have been trying to have a baby for abouut 5 years but unsucesseful. My periods have not been normal for the past 2 /3 years. Dr. Did tell me that i had a infertilty problem. and that he would try this medication but did not explain to me if right have my period i should start having sex everyday. I am so lost. I am on my last two pills. What do you recommend for me?

I can understand that you want to explore all options before deciding to have a hysterectomy. Forgive me, but I am trying to understand your situation with the information that you have given. Lupron is used to treat the symptoms of endometriosis. Is your gynecologist recommending fertility medications to help you conceive? Infertility is a consequence of endometriosis. I don't understand why a hysterectomy is being recommended by your doctor. Have you been told why this surgery is recommended?

May I ask where you live? Because, here in the United States, I cannot imagine a physician would prescribe a medication without first examining the patient.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hello Maryann, I have a question as well about fertility medications. I have been battling endo for about 7 years now. It has just recently gotten to the point where I was getting the Lu pron injections. My Gyno told me that I could try fertility medications or have a hysterectomy. I am wanting to try the pills before I make such a dramatic decision being only 26 with one son. Do you think that the pills could help me at all?

hi..i took clomiphene citrate an it didnt work..he didnt even check me to prescribe me it..just kus i told him i been trying for 5 years and no baby..i got my period agian so i called gyn and told him what else can he do..and he prescribed me them again...and here i im taking them..well c what happens..

Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide