ask: sperm

If sperm is on your hands will it die pretty quickly or does it take a long time?

My gf and were very close to having sex, but it never happened and the farthest we got was my penis brushing her vagina a little bit. I'm worried that there might have been a little bit of sperm that came out before I orgasamed, the none-politically correct term is pre-cum but I know you are not found of describing it like that, and I'm worried she might be pregnant.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We know all the terms for ejaculation, it's fine.

There are lots of "ifs" and "maybes" in sexual behavior so we can't say if she could get pregnant or not. If you don't know then we definitely don't! :)

However, it sounds like her risk is really, really low. I don't think you have too much to worry about.

This is part of the long comment below this. (I am the same person and wanted to revise something.)
Thinking back, the total time between me ejaculating into my hand and me inserting my penis into her vagina was about 40 minutes or so. I made to sure that everyone was completely dry too.

Susan, this past Saturday night I stayed over at my girlfriend's place. Sunday morning when we woke up, we engaged in some foreplay, i was rubbing her vagina and went inside with my finger, and she was stroking my penis. I ended up ejaculating but had pulled my penis away from her hand and placed my own hand over the head of my penis. Semen got on my hand and penis. I went to perform oral on her Vagina, and while I did so, I discreetly wiped the semen off my hand and penis using my shorts (making sure to keep wiping it off until I no longer felt any wet spots of semen on my dick or hand/fingers). After several minutes of oral, I stopped and moved up and we kissed for some time. Within 20 minutes, we had unprotected sex (only for a few strokes though and then I stopped). My question is, would it be possible for sperm to have still been alive on my penis by the time it was inside her vagina? I had made sure to completely wipe it all off prior to insertion, and I've heard that sperm dies once it dries. Is this true?
Do you believe she could get pregnant? I did not ejaculate inside her at all.

Nothing you say makes me think she could get pregnant in anyway.
You're correct, dry sperm is dead sperm.

hello susan
i wanna ask if me n my gf just had a rub on top of the pussy and then she blow me off and i eject on her body not near the pussy will there be a problem?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to anaao926)

Hello anaao926

The word is vagina, not "pussy" when you're asking a woman for help and information.

No, there is no risk of pregnancy in this case.

So I recently was with my girlfriend and she had given me a handjob and I came on my self I then wiped my stuff off my hands and stomach then I went to change my shirts 3-5 mins passed and my hands where completely dry and I joked around and touched the top of her vagina I didn't go all the way inside and it was just for a second. She says she's been nauseous but she says it's kinda going away. She hasn't thrown up and she says she usually get her period at the end of the month or on the 1st of the month, so it should be coming here soon. I'm fairly too young to have a kid and not ready either. I need someone's advice please respond asap.

Pregnancy is not possible in this case, her period should bel along in the next week.

I gave my boyfriend a blowjob and after he came some got in my mouth. He kissed me, and ate me out soon after, but focused on my clit and didn't go near my vagina. I got my period the next week, but it lasted six days and now I feel nauseous for no reason and dizzy. Is there any chance of pregnancy?

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :