Is sticky skin syndrome treatable or curable?

My sticky skin sounds exactly like the others I've read about. I 've had it less than a week and learned that no amount of soap or solvent seems to to help. Mine began suddenly after I cleaned some unknown substance off my hand. Should I expect other symptoms to appear, or does it just cause sticky skin? Someone seemed to say that it was only on their hands and feet as they described their case. Mine is predominately on my feet as well, at least that's where I'm most aware of it. Even my lips are affected.
Bill Sims

Hi Bill and welcome to EmpowHER.

Have you started taking any new prescriptions recently? The reason I'm asking is that several dermatology reports state that Sticky Skin Syndrome (or "acquired cutaneous adherence") is a rare side effect of certain drugs, including those used to treat acne and psoriasis, as well as some chemotherapy drugs.

If you are not taking any new medications, and have not introduced any new elements into your environment which could be causing a reaction, I would make an appointment with a dermatologist.

What you have may or may not be "sticky skin syndrome" and you need to know what you're dealing with, especially if you are saying it started with your hands and is spreading elsewhere.

Let us know what you learn, we wish the best for you.