ask: Swollen and puffy eyelids in the morning and then get flaky, red and sore during the day...

Hi there...

Was just wondering... the last 6-8 weeks, i've been waking up with swollen puffy eyelids - which i first thought was seasonal allergies, but it hasn't stopped. As the day goes on, my eyelids skin will get flaky like exzema, flakes off or just looks horrible... sometimes they're sore, red in areas, very dry and sometimes itchy...

Has anyone experienced this? I've never had any problems with skin problems ever nor many allergies ever either... once in a while in the spring...

I've tried many different kinds of natural creams with no relief! What could be causing this? I'm stumped... when i first went to my doctor, she just sent me home with allergy pills and drops that have done nothing but cost me lots of money....

I'd appreciate any help... with much appreciation...
sincerely, carol :o)

Anonymous

Don't use natural creams.. go check out your dermatologist and they will assign you a cream. I had dry flaky skin above my eyes and it was puffy. After using a cream for about a 5 days it went away.

Anonymous

I had the same problem with the Walmart brand (equate) towelettes. I've used many other brands and never had an issue. Last weekend I woke up with swollen, itchy, watery eyes. After a bit of research I found this website and saw the comment posted in April. I stopped using that brand and the issue cleared up within days.

Absolutely agree.. I never had any skin problems. However after using the equate face towel I developed exactly the same symptoms.it first started on top of my right eye and then gradually spread all over and below eye , right jaw and then to left jawline and left eye. There's always a mild burning sensation on the affected areas. I stopped using anything on my face except lubriderm lotion. Let's see.. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous

I HAVE HAD A SWOLLEN LEFT EYE FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I HAVE SEEN 7 DIFFERENT DOCTORS AND HAVE HAD TWO SURGERIES, WITH NO LUCK. EVERY MORNING IS THE WORST AND IT GETS BETTER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. NOW MY RIGHT EYE HAS JOINED THE CLUB AND IS STARTING TO SWELL. I HAVE TRY EYE DROPS, STEROID CREAMS AND PILLS, SINUS SURGERY ETC. ANY HELP AS WHAT I CAN DO WOULD BE AMAZING. ALSO I JUST WENT TO THE EYE DOCTOR AND SHE HAS NO CLUE SO THAT MAKES 8.

My Plastic Surgeon said to use Vesicare soap and cream.
Not Lotion. You can buy on Amazon.

Anonymous

Hello All,
I went to see my Doctor he gave me a steroid and it cleared up the dryness. My plastic surgeon told me to use VaniCream soap and cream, not lotion. This soap works wonderful. Great stuff look it up. I bought mine on Amazon.

Anonymous

Sounds like blepharitis. An irritant like hay fever can weaken the skin and it struggles to recover. Non-perfumed moisturiser can help but you need to get your doctor to prescribe Fucibet cream (contains fusidic acid/ betamethasone) this will make it clear up in a week or so.

Anonymous

I just started having this issue after using the Walmart (Equate) brand of make-up remover/cleansing cloths. I realized that my skin must have a sensitivity to the "liquid" that makes the cloths moist. When I stopped using the cloths and switched to another brand, the problem corrected itself. I used Clinique's Extra Moisture Surge cream twice a day after I washed my face and also at night before bed - it cleared up the scaly patches on my right eyelid in just a few days.

Anonymous

Many people said that the main cause of this disorder is DEHYDRATION. We do have the same experience. Mine started with an ordinary itchy skin until became red and then flakes. Every morning I have to look at the mirror and spending more than half an hour to remove flaked skin by scratching it. I was so worried because my skin became infected and made my eyelashes fall. My mom told me that I must stay hydrated because maybe the reason for having dry skin is dehydration so I drank lots of water each day. She also suggested that I have to use moisturizing products and take hydration supplement like Phytoceramides because this will help renew my skin and will keep it healthy. And so I did. A month of doing this, my skin became smooth. I have noticed also that I look younger.

Anonymous

When I get up in the morning my eye lid get puffy, fingers and knee joints become heavy and no freshness of the body. I got all the tests done and nothing is found abnormal. I have gone to many physicians but none of them is able to under stand the cause of puffiness and the reason of excess water formation in the body. By the end of evening every thing becomes normal. But next day is again repeated with the same story.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: