ask: Swollen and puffy eyelids in the morning and then get flaky, red and sore during the day...

Hi there...

Was just wondering... the last 6-8 weeks, i've been waking up with swollen puffy eyelids - which i first thought was seasonal allergies, but it hasn't stopped. As the day goes on, my eyelids skin will get flaky like exzema, flakes off or just looks horrible... sometimes they're sore, red in areas, very dry and sometimes itchy...

Has anyone experienced this? I've never had any problems with skin problems ever nor many allergies ever either... once in a while in the spring...

I've tried many different kinds of natural creams with no relief! What could be causing this? I'm stumped... when i first went to my doctor, she just sent me home with allergy pills and drops that have done nothing but cost me lots of money....

I'd appreciate any help... with much appreciation...
sincerely, carol :o)

Anonymous

Hello All,
I went to see my Doctor he gave me a steroid and it cleared up the dryness. My plastic surgeon told me to use VaniCream soap and cream, not lotion. This soap works wonderful. Great stuff look it up. I bought mine on Amazon.

Anonymous

Sounds like blepharitis. An irritant like hay fever can weaken the skin and it struggles to recover. Non-perfumed moisturiser can help but you need to get your doctor to prescribe Fucibet cream (contains fusidic acid/ betamethasone) this will make it clear up in a week or so.

Anonymous

I just started having this issue after using the Walmart (Equate) brand of make-up remover/cleansing cloths. I realized that my skin must have a sensitivity to the "liquid" that makes the cloths moist. When I stopped using the cloths and switched to another brand, the problem corrected itself. I used Clinique's Extra Moisture Surge cream twice a day after I washed my face and also at night before bed - it cleared up the scaly patches on my right eyelid in just a few days.

Anonymous

Many people said that the main cause of this disorder is DEHYDRATION. We do have the same experience. Mine started with an ordinary itchy skin until became red and then flakes. Every morning I have to look at the mirror and spending more than half an hour to remove flaked skin by scratching it. I was so worried because my skin became infected and made my eyelashes fall. My mom told me that I must stay hydrated because maybe the reason for having dry skin is dehydration so I drank lots of water each day. She also suggested that I have to use moisturizing products and take hydration supplement like Phytoceramides because this will help renew my skin and will keep it healthy. And so I did. A month of doing this, my skin became smooth. I have noticed also that I look younger.

Anonymous

When I get up in the morning my eye lid get puffy, fingers and knee joints become heavy and no freshness of the body. I got all the tests done and nothing is found abnormal. I have gone to many physicians but none of them is able to under stand the cause of puffiness and the reason of excess water formation in the body. By the end of evening every thing becomes normal. But next day is again repeated with the same story.

Anonymous

I have experienced the exact same condition. After attempting a few remedies, I tried my wife's good old fashioned Noxzema on the eyelids and eyebrows overnight and in the AM. The condition was completely gone in 24 hours. Approximately three to four months later, the condition recurred and again, Noxzema applied (carefully) to the eyelids worked in short order.

Anonymous

I don't wear makeup, I haven't changed anything in my routine but the itchiness has got worse over the last 2-3 days. Only my left eye is affected. I'm stumped at what it could be.

Look up salicylate intolerance

Anonymous

I had the exact same problem as the original post and it continued on and off for almost a year. The eye doc told me to put allergy drops in my eyes. It didn't help. The cure came from the dermatologist....she gave me Rx for Clocortolone Pivalate Cream 1% to put on my eye lids and it worked immediately and scaly puffy eye lids top and bottom back to normal in a few days (only can use max of 10 days) and stayed perfect until skin got dry again in December. I applied the cream again and got immediate relief,same day.
I also discovered that my channel deep purple eye shadow irritates my eyes lids and gets the process started so I switched to Lancôme shadows and ditched the purple and very infrequent problem now even though I'm in the middle of my worst allergy season.
I hope this helps someone find a cure far sooner!

I've been having the same problem all winter. It's horrible! Made me look 20 years older than I am. Red. Puffy, then wrinkly, dry and scaly. I went to the dermatologist and received a couple of ointments. I think that's you're best bet. I suspect it was a new Channel powder I bought in Jan.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: