Swollen and puffy eyelids in the morning and then get flaky, red and sore during the day...

Hi there...

Was just wondering... the last 6-8 weeks, i've been waking up with swollen puffy eyelids - which i first thought was seasonal allergies, but it hasn't stopped. As the day goes on, my eyelids skin will get flaky like exzema, flakes off or just looks horrible... sometimes they're sore, red in areas, very dry and sometimes itchy...

Has anyone experienced this? I've never had any problems with skin problems ever nor many allergies ever either... once in a while in the spring...

I've tried many different kinds of natural creams with no relief! What could be causing this? I'm stumped... when i first went to my doctor, she just sent me home with allergy pills and drops that have done nothing but cost me lots of money....

I'd appreciate any help... with much appreciation...
sincerely, carol :o)

Anonymous

You may not believe this, but I had the same problem and was so discouraged I came close to a nervous breakdown. I had to go on antidepressants! I went to several doctors, dermatologists, allergists. My family doctor was the one who diagnosed me when I went for depression help. She diagnosed me with dermatitis. I still do not know what the cause of the problem was. YOU MUST TRULY NOT PUT ANYTHING on the affected skin but water and cortisone until it is completely healed. She promised me it would work if I was truly not put on any make-up or lotion. I stopped all make-up and got Maximum Strength Cortizone 10 Ultra Moisturizing. I tried regular cortizone first, but it dried my skin out and was not getting better because of the dryness. Put a pea sized amount in your palm with a few drops of water and mix up. I patted this on the areas. After three days I could see improvement. I started putting on mascara and it started to come back. I stopped make-up again and after two weeks of NOTHING but the Cortizone and water, I was good. I am wearing make-up again, and all is well. If I start to feel the slightest burn I put Cortizone and water on. I also put vaseline on my eyelids and under them now at night. What cost me hundreds of dollars in doctor bills can cost you $4 and some time. The time is the key. You must truly not put any lotions etc. and only wash with water. Do not even get shampoo on your skin. It worked for me after suffering for six months and being so depressed over it I had to take medicine. I hope it works for you. If it does, please let me know.

I had the same red, flakey, puffy, itchy symptoms for about a month. I tried the hydrocortisone cream & it really worked! It stung at first, but after a few days they're almost entirely better! Thanks for the advice!

Im suffering from the same condition off and on over the past year! I have seen a couple dermatologist, eyelid specialist and both just assume it is Blepartis? At the same time I have developed Seborehea Dermatitis on my face around side of nose, chin area and both seem related. I have tried Blepartis wipes a doctor told me to buy on line, specialized eye cleansers, avoid all eye make-up. My eyelids are red, burn, swollen, flaking some days. Is there a relationship with osteoarthritis? I have a history of food allergies and other items.

Anonymous

I had the same thing for multiple months and my eye doctor seems baffled. My husband took a look at my eyelids and said it looked an awful lot like jock itch. I know, gross! So I've tried just about everything: antibiotics, creams, coconut oil, castor oil, vaseline, eye ointments and nothing worked. I went to my drug store and got some jock itch cream. It's an anti-fungal. It made my eyelids feel so much better! And it kind of makes sense - my eyelids were red, swollen, cracking, and burning - all the symptoms of jock itch. I wouldn't say they are completely better yet - I've only put it on 3 times now, but they look significantly better and feel significantly better! Be careful not to get any in your eye - it does warn you not to put it in your eye!!!
I hope this info helps someone - I know how frustrating it is!!!

You may not believe this, but I had the same problem and was so discouraged I came close to a nervous breakdown. I had to go on antidepressants! I went to several doctors, dermatologists, allergists. I am a teacher and the kids at school were even telling me I looked like I should go on the show The Walking Dead! My family doctor was the one who diagnosed me when I went for depression help. She diagnosed me with dermatitis. I still do not know what the cause of the problem was. YOU MUST TRULY NOT PUT ANYTHING on the affected skin but water and cortisone until it is completely healed. She promised me it would work if I was truly not put on any make-up or lotion. I stopped all make-up and got Maximum Strength Cortizone 10 Ultra Moisturizing. I tried regular cortizone first, but it dried my skin out and was not getting better because of the dryness. Put a pea sized amount in your palm with a few drops of water and mix up. I patted this on the areas. After three days I could see improvement. I started putting on mascara and it started to come back. I stopped make-up again and after two weeks of NOTHING but the Cortizone and water, I was good. I am wearing make-up again, and all is well. If I start to feel the slightest burn I put Cortizone and water on. I also put vaseline on my eyelids and under them now at night. What cost me hundreds of dollars in doctor bills can cost you $4 and some time. The time is the key. You must truly not put any lotions etc. and only wash with water. Do not even get shampoo on your skin. It worked for me after suffering for six months and being so depressed over it I had to take medicine. I hope it works for you. If it does, please let me know.

Anonymous

This could be Blepharitis, an inflammatory condition. See an ophthalmologist for a diagnosis and proper treatment options.

Anonymous

Beaudraux's Butt Paste works within a day or two. Put it on the lids and any cracks in the corners of your eyes to protect the skin from your own tears making it worse. I used the maximum strength one on the red tube. AMAZED at the results.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes. You only need the tiniest amount for it to work. Reapply as needed.

Anonymous

I have been having the same problem. I wake up in the morning with a swollen right eye, then by the end of the day when I take my makeup off, the skin all around it is dry and flaky. I have not been using any different makeup or I have not started a new routine. It is kind of scaring me!

Anonymous

I have similar symptoms of waking up with swollen red eyelids (usually just the right side) and the skin is itchy around the top and bottom eyelids. This started mid-June for me, and is still happening now at the beginning of Sept. Do any of you have pets? We have a large dog (Australian Shepherd), and I'm wondering if it could be that he's bringing in external allergens on his coat. He sleeps on the floor next to our bed in our room. Typically, if I wake up with swollen eyelids, I'll ice it, and it gets better throughout the day. It's quite frustrating though, as this has been on and off for a few months now and I can't pinpoint what it is!

I have the same problem! Did you find out what it was? I've been to the doctor before one this and she gave me a cream... kind of works but it's still itch, puffy and burns.
Please let me know if you find anything out.