ask: Swollen and puffy eyelids in the morning and then get flaky, red and sore during the day...

By drumweaver August 11, 2009 - 2:06pm

Hi there...

Was just wondering... the last 6-8 weeks, i've been waking up with swollen puffy eyelids - which i first thought was seasonal allergies, but it hasn't stopped. As the day goes on, my eyelids skin will get flaky like exzema, flakes off or just looks horrible... sometimes they're sore, red in areas, very dry and sometimes itchy...

Has anyone experienced this? I've never had any problems with skin problems ever nor many allergies ever either... once in a while in the spring...

I've tried many different kinds of natural creams with no relief! What could be causing this? I'm stumped... when i first went to my doctor, she just sent me home with allergy pills and drops that have done nothing but cost me lots of money....

I'd appreciate any help... with much appreciation...
sincerely, carol :o)

Beaudraux's Butt Paste works within a day or two. Put it on the lids and any cracks in the corners of your eyes to protect the skin from your own tears making it worse. I used the maximum strength one on the red tube. AMAZED at the results.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes. You only need the tiniest amount for it to work. Reapply as needed.

I have been having the same problem. I wake up in the morning with a swollen right eye, then by the end of the day when I take my makeup off, the skin all around it is dry and flaky. I have not been using any different makeup or I have not started a new routine. It is kind of scaring me!

I have similar symptoms of waking up with swollen red eyelids (usually just the right side) and the skin is itchy around the top and bottom eyelids. This started mid-June for me, and is still happening now at the beginning of Sept. Do any of you have pets? We have a large dog (Australian Shepherd), and I'm wondering if it could be that he's bringing in external allergens on his coat. He sleeps on the floor next to our bed in our room. Typically, if I wake up with swollen eyelids, I'll ice it, and it gets better throughout the day. It's quite frustrating though, as this has been on and off for a few months now and I can't pinpoint what it is!

Me too! Started in June and it hasn't gone away. We have a dog, as well...Wheaton terrier, hypoallergenic dog. Doc gave me an antibiotic/steroid eye drop that clears it up, but then returns.

sounds like possibly eczema. go see a doc. they can prescribe cream.

I have had swelling and red itchy skin over my left eye for over two months. I'm thinking edema. No cream or drops I have tried have done any good at all. Going to the doctor to see if he can shed some light on the problem.

I had that issue in the past, I went to the naturopath and he gave me some eye drops and I used baby aveeno eczema cream and it went away. Now my daughter has been having the same problem, but only in the summer and I've been treating hers with homeopathic allergy meds, eye drops and aveeno eczema cream

Don't use natural creams.. go check out your dermatologist and they will assign you a cream. I had dry flaky skin above my eyes and it was puffy. After using a cream for about a 5 days it went away.

I had the same problem with the Walmart brand (equate) towelettes. I've used many other brands and never had an issue. Last weekend I woke up with swollen, itchy, watery eyes. After a bit of research I found this website and saw the comment posted in April. I stopped using that brand and the issue cleared up within days.

Absolutely agree.. I never had any skin problems. However after using the equate face towel I developed exactly the same first started on top of my right eye and then gradually spread all over and below eye , right jaw and then to left jawline and left eye. There's always a mild burning sensation on the affected areas. I stopped using anything on my face except lubriderm lotion. Let's see.. Fingers crossed.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: