ask: taking 5 hour engery drink & having high blood pressure

By Piery April 23, 2010 - 10:06am

I need a quick pick me up; I'm taking blood pressure med. (2.5mg) can I take the 5 hour energry drink

People who down this crap daily fell out of the stupid tree and caught every branch on the way down! Maybe a good way to bleach out the gene pool!

Thank you for your question, Piery.

You should avoid energy drinks since they will elevate your blood pressure. People with heart disease should also avoid energy drinks. Here is a link to a recent study regarding to this exact issue from Medical News Today

Some natural ways to get that boost is drinking something like green tea. This is an organic way to have the same effect but no artificial ingredients. Here is link to several other natural ways to boost your energy from Nutrition 101

You should always consult your physician about changes to your diet. Anything that is artificial and high in caffeine should be completely avoided. I hope this helps.

High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure Guide

Christine Jeffries

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :