Is there anything I can use for extreme brittle hair?

My 11 year old daughter's hair breaks so easily and it has never been processed. I've used shea butter and cocont oil, and anythig you can be magine, with no luck. I will appreciate any good recommendation.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for coming to us for advice regarding your young daughter's brittle hair. The health of our skin, hair and nails are very good indicators of our overall health.

Have you spoken to your pediatrician about this?

As a mother and registered nurse, I would get to the root of the underlying problem, rather than focusing on hair products.

Brittle hair in children refers to a child's hair that is dry and breaks easily. Some medical conditions associated with brittle hair include an under active thyroid gland, and malnutrition or lack of enough protein in her diet .