There is a small bump forming on my vagina, wart or pimple?

By June 4, 2012 - 12:10am

In January my pap smear results showed I tested positive for HPV. I did not have any warts. I immediately went to my doctor and began the gardisil vaccination to prevent getting any other strands of hpv. I have gotten two vaccinations, it is not yet time for the third. Today, I noticed a small bump, with a white head on the outside of my vagina, towards the front, close to where the slit of the lip begins. I panicked and quickly shaved away my pubic hair to get a closer look. in doing this i think i may have cut it because the white head is gone and it is red. (like a pimple after it is popped) however, i feel like a bit larger of a bump is below the skin. could this potentially be a wart forming? I am only 20 y/o with only 2 sexual partners in my passed, having been diagnosed with hpv was already heart break enough, I'm not sure how I will handle also having warts.

Try not to panic. It's very possible that what you describe is a pimple. However, given your history with HPV it is always a good idea to schedule an appointment withyour OB/GYN to be sure that it isn't a wart.

All the best,

Genital Warts

Genital Warts Guide