TMJ- jaw growth??

I have TMJ. I was prescribed a mild muscle relaxer and prescription ibrubroefin as needed for pain. I wear an over the counter mouth guard at night. I have noticed a hard lump on the lower left side of my jaw.it is visible About the size of a small pea. It doesn't hurt and hasn't grown. the cheek on the left side of mu mouth feels a bit swollen. I have been trying to find out on line what it could be . What could cause it. I'm waiting for a dental appt and i can not afford an oral surgeon. Any suggestions?? I have been eating soft diet.

From what I have read, this may be an issue with the muscle in your jaw and it may be due to your TMJ but it could also be a swollen node or a cyst. You will have to have an examination to know what it might be.

You might want to try a free clinic and call them to see if they can examine you. Do a search for one in your area.  The good news is most lumps turn out to be harmless but all lumps should be checked out.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved soon!

TMJ Disorder