Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: Venous lake on my lip

By Island Girl

I have this dark blue/purple lesion on my lip that keeps getting bigger. I went to see the dermatologist and she said that it's a venous lake. She said it was nothing I had to worry about. Does anyone else have one or know of someone who does? If so, what was your/their treatment?

Anonymous

Does anyone else tried the castor oil? If yes, what the effects were?

Anonymous

I have had a VL spot for 3 years on my bottom lip. I just saw a dermatologist this week and they will "laser" it in 2 weeks. They said it might take a second treatment, but it's not a big deal at all. I think I will call and ask what kind of laser they will use. My 14 yr. old daughter is a little upset with me and doesn't want me to have the procedure because she said "it's what's on the inside that counts". I wonder where she learned that! lol

That is so wonderful that your daughter has that attitude! But we all have our own comfort level and if it is a simple, non-invasive solution to something that bothers YOU, you should do it.

Anonymous

Mine just got disappeared! The treatment is working! So happy!

Anonymous

Hello! I'm posting because this site was very helpful while I was researching what to do about a venous lake on my lower lip. It about the size of a pencil eraser, and had gotten bigger and darker over the 6 months. It was definitely noticeable, and a friend even mentioned it to me.

I live outside of Portland, Oregon, and after doing some Yelp research, I ended up going to Living Well Institute for Skin & Laser in Beaverton. They have a Cultera laser, an XLV, I believe.

Anyway, I got two zaps of the laser, which was a bit uncomfortable but very quick. The treatment cost $250.

The first week after the treatment, the area got larger and much darker -- but that was just the healing process. Now three weeks later, the venous lake is MUCH lighter and WAY less obvious. Gosh, I'm so thrilled!

There is still a smallish bump and a bit of blue/purple left, but it's not bad. On my next appointment on Saturday, I will discuss with the laser lady if I should do a second treatment.

Anyway, it was well worth the $250. I'm grateful I tried the laser route first rather than going straight for surgery.

Hope this recommendation helps someone else.

Thank you, this is really helpful! I will try to find a place that has that type of laser.
Susannah

Anonymous

Hello all,
I had experienced same problem with a venous lake on my lip and after wenting to doctor and confirming the diagnosis I decided to find a way to solve softener this, without having any laser or other surgical removal. The situation had become more and more annoying and I was so scared because my vlake had become bigger and swalowed so bad that I had to press all the time with my finger or with ice to get down but lately with no result neither. I decided that I cannot continue, I was literally crying because of the situation. The lipstick couldn't cover anymore the lezion and it hurt me bad sometimes. And one day I decided to use one of my daily natural care substance cause I am ussually using lots of natural care treatment for the skin. This one I'm telling you is castor oil. I am using it daily for any problem or just day care, so I decided to use it also for my lip problem cause I knew that is very useful on many-many problems. So by gently massaging daily (on the evening few minutes but at least 5, before going to sleep, and in the morning, instead of my lip balm or lipstick) I managed to reduce it very much and now just sometimes it barely can be seen, only if you know that I had something there on my lip, and sometimes nothing on my lip at all! And I am not experiencing anymore any pain or discomfort becouse is not swalling anymore. I will definetely continue with this care treatment as it improved also my colouring of my lip, the lips are not dried anymore and castor oil is way better looking then a lip balm and is clearly cheaper! I recommend it to you for try, maybe it will have at least the same beneficial like for me. I wish you health and please excuse my poor english.
Gabi

thank you so much I am going to try this.I would not have thought of this .Your message was helpful.God Bless TA

Please do and give it a try and a chance. By using castor oil (virgin, cold pressed if you find), even if it will not have the same effect like in my case, although I'm strongly believe will do, at least will not bring you any harm or side effects, is very cheap, is very useful for maintaining the beauty of entire skin, for wrinkle, for veins problems on your feet, for almost any skin problems. I still cannot believe that my lip is back to normal again, with no trace of venous lake I had!! You have nothing to lose by trying. You just need patience and 5 minutes a day for gentle massage your lip with this oil. I saw improvements after 2 weeks of using and after 2 months was almost disappeared any sign of it. Now I'm continuing using it, because I like the feeling I have for my lips :-) and I prefer using this oil instead any cosmetical balm! I'm really looking forward to hear from you the good news! I hope this help many people, who are willing to give it a try. All my best wishes.

Anonymous

I have one that has driven me crazy for at least 10 years. I wear lip stain to keep it covered all day long. I am finally ready to explore options to get rid of it.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: