ask: Venous lake on my lip

I have this dark blue/purple lesion on my lip that keeps getting bigger. I went to see the dermatologist and she said that it's a venous lake. She said it was nothing I had to worry about. Does anyone else have one or know of someone who does? If so, what was your/their treatment?

Anonymous

I have a round purplish spot on my lower lip, it doesn't seem to hurt. I think I had a similar one in the past and it went away. I have btw made an appt with dermatologist in 2 weeks to have them look at it but it sounds like its the venous lake. However my nerves are shot, my husband is ill and I am fearful of this being something worse, how do they know? Please give me some encouragement. Am going to try the castor oil. Its possible that I have bitten my lip due to nervous stress btw. brit

I laser these all the time with great results. Usually only takes one treatment. No needles or scars.
C.Smith CLT Fairhope, Al

Hi Brit,
Is a very good idea to use castor oil, as you intend, if the dermatologist will say it is VL, castor oil will take care of your lesion anyway, have faith and be patience and you will see the good results. Nothing to lose, only to gain.
G

thanks, will get some castor oil at hfs today. Do you just dab it on the are several times a day? brit

Not just dab it, I applied it by gently massaging daily (on the evening few minutes but at least 5, before going to sleep, and in the morning, instead of my lip balm or lipstick). I thing you can use it more than twice a day, is just an oil, natural, apply with care and should improve the swollen vein on your lip. Just think that is used also for reducing the varicose veins, so your VL is also a swollen vein that it will react on this natural treatment. Worth to try anyway. My VL on lip is history with this treatment and nothing else. But, like I said previously, you still have to see your dermatologist and confirm you that is nothing else but venous lake.

Debra Moncrieff (reply to Anonymous)

Hi there Brit, is there anyway you could upload a picture?

If you go through the old posts on this you'll find mine and there are pics of what mine looked like. It sounds like you have a venous lake, they just know when they see them what they are, I had it lasered with good results. All the best, doubt the castor oil will work...

Here's a link to what mine looked like before and after
http://s260.photobucket.com/user/fartfeatures/library/?sort=2&page=1

Anonymous (reply to Debra Moncrieff)

yes mine looks like yours did, thanks for info.

Debra Moncrieff (reply to Anonymous)

No probs...

grannypatty

be careful as when these start to bleed they bleed heavily. I had one cut out (no pain) and had the rest lasered to get rid of them. Keep your lips moist.

Anonymous (reply to grannypatty)

Grannypatty when you had one cut out was it by a plastic surgeon? Did it leave a scar?

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: