Venous lake on my lip

By Island Girl December 23, 2008 - 8:20am

I have this dark blue/purple lesion on my lip that keeps getting bigger. I went to see the dermatologist and she said that it's a venous lake. She said it was nothing I had to worry about. Does anyone else have one or know of someone who does? If so, what was your/their treatment?

Anonymous

Thank your for the suggestion of Castor Oil, I have used it for three days and my lip is almost
back to normal. I saw a difference in one day. Very inexpensive, no pain, surgery or wasted money. I would highly recommend this option before anything else.

Anonymous

To all here with venus lake.i post because iam thankful that i read time ago abouth castor oil.it realy help with me.after using that oil 5-6 times my lake is realy shrinking....just press it on 4-5 times a day and u will see.....

Really glad to hear that. Keep the treatment and you will have better and better results with your VL, even disappear. I posted the castor oil remedy over 1 year and nobody seemed to notice my post, neither to give it a chance. So, thank you that you posted here your results, maybe will encourage others too to try it. For me it passed almost 1 year already since I applied castor oil with 100% success and it never came back! Since then my lip looks absolutely normal, you cannot tell that I ever had a venous lake on it! And I spent only 2$ on the bottle of castor oil.

Anonymous

HI, Thanks for this and link to your pics. Mine is just like yours was so now I will get it lasered. Thanks

Anonymous

I have a round purplish spot on my lower lip, it doesn't seem to hurt. I think I had a similar one in the past and it went away. I have btw made an appt with dermatologist in 2 weeks to have them look at it but it sounds like its the venous lake. However my nerves are shot, my husband is ill and I am fearful of this being something worse, how do they know? Please give me some encouragement. Am going to try the castor oil. Its possible that I have bitten my lip due to nervous stress btw. brit

I have same thing. went to derm. got laser twice. still there but is smaller and flatter, but not gone. laser 200.00 each time, not covered by insurance.

Debra Moncrieff (reply to Anonymous)

Struth that's expensive!

Had mine done by laser, it's only just noticeable, much better than before! and it cost less than $200 but I'm Australia...

doctor used a V beam laser

I laser these all the time with great results. Usually only takes one treatment. No needles or scars.
C.Smith CLT Fairhope, Al

MTSharon (reply to Anonymous)

C. Smith, What kind of laser do you use?
--Sharon

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: