What are the effects of Nordette as ECP when you took it twice within 2-3 weeks?

By May 9, 2014 - 10:07pm

My Boyfriend and I had unprotected "sex" (no penetration, just rubbing) last April 14, 2014. Approximately 12 hours after the did, i took Nordette as ECP ( 4 pills and 12 hrs after 4 pills again). 6 days after the 2nd dosage i got my withdrawal bleeding not too heavy nor light and it lasted about 2 days. 15 days after the deed, i went to the doctor and asked for a blood pregnancy test and it came out negative and i also took a Home pregnancy test 3 weeks (May 6, 2014) after the deed and it came out negative also; but on the same day (May 6, 2014) i had sex with my boyfriend, and it was protected, we even checked the condom (no leaks or damage) and i took Nordette as ECP again (the same day) just for precautions. Now, im experiencing abdominal and increase of vaginal discharge. Im getting paranoid again, what are the effects of nordette as ECP on my body?

Anonymous

Hi guys, I really need your help. So I took nordette as an ecp last Feb 22 and then another dose on the 25th. I know it should not be that way because of the high dosage of hormones. But anyway, I had my bleeding last March 3 and I still had a little spotting today (March 6). Me and my boyfriend had protected sex yesterday (March 5) but the condom broke. Quick disclaimer: he never released inside me.

I'm somewhat freaking out if I should take nordette again since apparently, I'm fertile (according to my period calendar).

So I kind of need your help guys. I really am anxious.

Hello Anon

Since there was no ejaculation there may be no point in taking EC but if by not taking it, you'll worry constantly then consider taking it again.

Anonymous

Hello - i took nordette (4 pills after the deed and another 4 pills exactly 12 hours after the first dose) 3 days after i am experiencing light bleeding. It was brownish at first but turned reddish like a period. But i know it is not my period because it is so light than my normal previous periods. Too light that i only use a pantiliner, no need for a napkin. I am regular. 29 day cycle. Never missed a period in my life. Lmo was jan 11,2017. Expected due of my next mens is feb 9, 2017 but on feb 8 i started to have this slight bleeding. Still experiencing it now. Don't know what this means. Afraid it might be implantation bleeding or something. If there's someone who had the same experience after taking nordette can you please share your story? Also, the deed was done feb4 @ around 2. At 7pm the same day i took the first dose and feb 5 the second dose @ exactly 7 am. Need your insights. Thanks!

(reply to Anonymous)

hey how are you? any update on what happened to you?

Anonymous (reply to anony143)

@anony143. I got the bleeding feb 8 up until feb 12. It was light on feb 8 to 9. Moderate on feb 10 to 11. And then light again on feb 12 and then stopped. Last feb 16 i took a pregnancy test (morning pee) and it was negative. I actually went to my OBGYN the same day i took the pt because i was sooo anxious and i really really want to have a professional doctor tell me in my face that i am pregnant or not pregnant. I wanted to have my blood drawn to test for serum hcg. Doctor opted to do a TVS on me instead. She stated she is sure that i am not pregnant because the uprotected deed happened during my non fertile days (since i am reg 28 day cycle) and also due to the fact that i took pills as an ecp. But i still proceeded with the tvs so i will know (hehe anxiety got into me really bad). After the procedure, she confirmed that i am not pregnant because my uterus does not have a thick lining that you would see in women who are on their early stage of pregnancy. She also advised me that it is proliferating meaning within this week i am fertile and have a high chance of getting pregnant. I am just sharing this one to give you guys an update on my experience with taking nordette as ecp. I was sooo relieved when the doctor told me face to face that i am not pregnant.

Hello

If you took Nordette as prescribed then pregnancy should not be an issue. You can test for pregnancy 14-21 days after sex.

Thank you susan for responding.
What makes me anxious is the slight bleeding i am experiencing right now. It is too light for a normal period. If this is the WB after taking nordette as ecp, is it normal to have it as early as 3 days after taking it? But i will still take your advice and test for pregnancy. Thank you.

Hello again Aon

Yes, this bleeding is a common side effect. It usually means you will not get pregnant although not all women bleed.

THank you for this Susan. It was a relief reading your reply. Thank you. But i will still take your advice of getting a pt. just to be 100% sure. Thanks again. God Bless.

Anonymous

I took only 4 pills and stop. Will that be okay?