what are my chance of getting pregnent

By Anonymous February 18, 2011 - 9:32am

I have sex with my bf and took 72 hrs pill in the same day. And had nxt day but i didnt tak any precaution. After four days we had again n i took another 72 hour pill. in between will I get pregnent. Am i safe???

The "72 hour pill" is now good for up to 5 days so bearing in mind they are about 70% effective, you can calculate your own risk level.

You are misusing this medication, however, by using it as a form of birth control instead of as an emergency. Three days in a week using no protection at all is not an emergency. Why are you not using condoms? They are at least 98% effective when used properly and will allow you to have a good sex life without the stress and worry.

Having taken these pills twice within a week, you may now have some unexpected bleeding - this isn't your period, it's a side effect of the emergency pill and is neither a sign that you are not pregnant or pregnant. You'll have to wait for your regular cycle to get back to normal again.

But if you took these pills within the correct time limits, hopefully you'll be fine. You can always ask your pharmacist for further info or contact the manufacturer or your pills if you're still concerned.

Thanks for writing and I wish you the best,