ask: What are some ways to lower blood pressure naturally?

By Anonymous February 22, 2010 - 2:35pm

I'm 39 and very active, not overweight, non-smoker, very healthy...but high blood pressure runs in my family. The doctor has me on water pills - thiazine. I don't want to be on mediciation for the rest of my life! What to do?

Hi Anon-

Well, you seem to have a handle on things so far but when blood pressure runs in the family, it's always a bit tricky.

Here are a multitude of articles that can be of use to you, especially when looking for natural methods to lower your blood pressure : http://www.empowher.com/news/herarticle/2010/02/12/lower-blood-pressure-...

Breathing techniques, yoga and Pilates are also get ways to lower blood pressure. Do you use meditation at all?

Has this condition in your family ever caused strokes or heart attacks or do you all essentially do a "watchful waiting" routine with a healthy diet and exercise?

You may end up simply needing some medication if diet and exercise don't work. We'd all prefer to be med-free, I know, but sometimes it's a necessary evil.

What do your family members do to counteract their high blood pressure? Maybe they have tips they could share with you?

Do you know what your cholesterol levels are? :