What can be done to slow CKD?

By Anonymous February 20, 2015 - 4:21pm

My father and brother had CKD and were on dislysis before they passed. My sister is now in stage 4 - CKD. According to recent blood test I am in stage 3 and 69 year old female I am assuming this was inherited from my father.

Hello, thank you for sharing your question.

I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are battling this disease.  I'd like to give you some helpful information on the subject.

First of all, CKD in general is not hereditary.  In most cases kidney disease comes secondary or because of another disease in the body.  The most common diseases that cause CKD is obesity, diabetes, hypertension, or a weak immunity.

If you wish to slow this disease, you must look at what your family has in common.  Do you have a poor diet, poor drinking water or any of the diseases listed above?  If so, you must treating these issues will slow the progression of CKD.

Here is a list of other things you can do to slow the disease:

• Antioxidant therapy
  • Bicarbonate therapy
  • dietary phosphorus restriction
  • Dietary protien control
  • Avoid nephrotoxins (toxins that kill kidney cells)

Remember that kidney disease is not an isolated problem.  It is usually due to unhealthy diet, or caused by another disease such as weak immunity which is also linked to a poor diet.  Curing the kidneys must start with healing the body as a whole.

Chronic Kidney Disease

Chronic Kidney Disease Guide