What can I do to support my mother through menopause?

My mom is going through menopause currently. I am a 20 year old woman and I don't know what to do to help her. Any tips on what I can do to support her?

We've been asked this before and my answer will always be "leave her alone"! :)

It's nice that you are concerned but menopause is not a disease or a condition - it's a normal part of the life cycle and does not need "treatment" as such, unless there are strong symptoms and if they are, I'm all for treatment, as are many women! 

Symptoms can be insomnia, hot flashes, fatigue and even depression but many women fast forward through it and are fine - a bit like puberty. I do know that many menopausal women don't like to be treated as so.  They pretty much want it done and dusted and to move on. 

I think it's a good idea to read about menopause so that you know what to expect too:

You can be there for her if she's too tired to deal with things or try to understand if she's a bit moody - I'm sure you'll be great. 

Is your mother behaving differently? What are your concerns, Anon?

Menopause Guide