What is holistic health?

By Blogger July 29, 2014 - 10:16pm

I hear a lot about holistic health, but sometimes I confused by what it actually is. What is holistic health?

Hi Hayden

Thanks for your question. 

Holistic health is the kind of healthcare that most people feel is the best kind - including me! 

Holistic health deals with the entire body - the body, the mind and the spirit. Western medications and technologies are used on conjunction with diet, nutrition, acupuncture, relaxation techniques, stress management, meditation and reflection. This is done to heal both body and mind/spirit. 

Western health has tended to deal with the physical body - the disease itself. Holistic medicine deals with entire body and mind - it focuses on the person as a whole, and not just whatever condition or disease they are dealing with. 

Holistic health used to be considered an "alternative" to "regular" medicine but it is increasingly becoming part of mainstream healthcare as we learn that we are people, not diseases and want to be healed and helped as such. 

About time, I say! 

Read more on holistic health here: 

What do you think about this way to approach our bodies and minds, Hayden? 

Holistic Health

Holistic Health Guide