Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

ask: What is the reason for my nipples always being hard?

I'm not pregnant nor have I had sex in about six months. What could the possible explanation be for my nipples always being hard. Even when I'm at the gym, sweating, my nipples are hard! What's wrong with me?!

Hi Anonymous!

Thanks for your post! There is probably nothing "wrong" with you at all!

Some woman have nipples that are constantly erect and some only when aroused or cold and even then, it doesn't always happen. You can mention it to your doctor if it worries you but it doesn't generally mean that something is wrong.

If you want to cover them, using a padded bra or nipple shield usually works well. Has it been this way for you for a long time or is it something that has just started?
~Susan

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: