What is this strange bump on the roof of my mouth?

Ever since I had a spacer in my mouth in middle school I had a strange bump on the roof of my mouth. It has been many years since it was removed, but the bump remains. Each year the dentist doesn't mention anything, but i've always wondered if anyone else has strange bumps in their mouth? 

Hello Carrie,

The metal parts of the dental spacer may have caused an irritation to the roof of your mouth. As the area healed over, a hard bump developed.

Have you asked your dentist about this? Bring it up during your next visit.

Dental & Oral Health

Dental & Oral Health Guide