What type of sunscreen should I use?

By HERWriter Blogger June 24, 2014 - 2:48pm

There are many types of sunscreen out there, what type is best for me? Any tips on what SPF to use?

Hi Erin

Thanks for your question - I've looked into this myself a lot due to having a family of varying shades! Some of us tan easily, others are white as snow. 

What you need to make sure is that you used at least Factor 30 - this will protect you from about 93% of harmful rays. Factor 50 will protect you from about 97% and anything over Factor 50 won't make a difference. You don't need a Factor 100!

What you need to make sure is that you reapply it every two hours - more if exposed to a lot of water, you sweat a lot or are under direct sunshine for a long time. 

Common mistakes are forgetting the back of the neck, the chest, shoulders, nose and lips. Many skin cancers are found in these areas. 

Has this helped you choose?