When going on a date with a boyfriend, who foots the bill?

Do you split it 50/50? Do you pay every other time you go out?

I didn't have any rules for this when dating.

For a first date, the person who asks for the date pays.

Once you're established, I think it's fine for both to chip in! If one is earning significantly more than the other and want to go to nice places, I think they should pay. I'm not a believer that men should pay for everything but I do think a woman likes to be "taken out" and treated so that should happen quite often! Nothing has to be fancy.

I like to take my husband out on dates and pay for everything but since the bill is paid with our money, it makes me laugh, especially when I make a point out of paying for it all!

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide