When would be my highest fertility date be?

I got my period today, 5/1/09 when would I start ovulating, or when would my most fertle days be. Is there a way of fuguring out?

Thank you for your question - it's a great one!

While everyone is different, most women ovulate in the middle of their cycle, so around day 14 (this is the 14th day after your START your period) give or take a couple of days.

Is your cycle regular?

You can take an ovulation test (the kits are sold in most drug stores, are not too expensive and work like a pregnancy test) and also taking your basal body temperature can let you know if you are ovulating. Empowher has an excellent fertility and menstrual cycle section here, where basal body temperature is discussed in detail. You can head to this section by clicking here : http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/fertility-and-your-menstrual-cycle

If you are trying to get pregnant, an excellent way to ensure you don't miss ovulation is to have sex every other day, especially from day 10 to day 20. Sperm lives up to 72 hours in a woman's body. Having sex every other day will not ensure you get pregnant, of course, but will ensure you don't miss ovulation. This method worked for me - every time.

Has this information helped?