Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: Where should I donate my hair for the best cause?

By Jenny Housh HERWriter

I am in the process of growing out my hair for donation. I have heard many things about Locks of Love, Pantene beautiful lengths and wigs for kids. Have you ever donated your hair? Does anyone have advice for finding the best cause to donate to?

Hello Jenny,

There are several agencies which accept hair donations. Research the mission of each and select the one that best matches your purpose.

Locks of Love' s mission is to provide wigs for financially disadvantaged children who suffer long term hair loss from any illness.

The Pantene Beautiful Lengths Campaign works with the American Cancer Society to donate free human hair wigs to women who are battling cancer.

Wigs for Kids provide hair systems to children with hair loss caused by burn accidents, cancer or alopecia.

Wigs 4 Kids partners with the Childhood Leukemia Foundation to serve children ages 18 and under who live in Michigan and suffer from hair loss.

Regards,

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: