Why am I having irregular periods and now have white clots in the blood

I am 43 years old and in the last 6 months my periods have changed. They have become heavier, have lots of clots. They are now coming closer together. This most recent month. I have had spotting and now my period is 8 days early and I have this white matter in the blood? Sorry to be so graphic

Thanks for your post and you're not being too graphic!

At the age of 43, some women see a difference in their periods - sometimes heavier and with more clots. This may be a sign of perimenopause - a period that can last up to 10 years before menopause. I'm not able to tell you what white clots are though so I think it's a good idea for you to visit your doctor to see if this is normal for you.

Perimenopause Guide