Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Why are my post menopause signs worse every 3 or 4 months?

I will be humming along like my old self then bam! It starts out feeling like someone placed something really heavy on me and I can hardly move. Chronic fatigue. Then insomnia, loss of appetite, extreme migraines (I already suffered from those), tinittus, an unquentionable thirst, dread and on and on I could go. Lack of concentration and focus are really hurting me on my job and I am so concerned. I have tried both the synthetic and bio identical hormones and they did not work. I have tried anti-depressants and they didn't work. I try to exercise 3 - 4 times a week, I take Estroven, ginseng , magnesium, calcium and vitamin D. I am simply baffled. Then I start obsessing about finding the answer to this mystery because it is so debilitating and makes me not want to be around anyone (so sensitive to noise and sound). It just seems to me since it is "intermittent", so to speak, that it must be something in particular missing or lacking that I just haven't found yet. I have also tried 5 HTP and St. John's Wort. Sorry I have rambled on. I just want to be me again and stay that way. Thanks.

Your symptoms sounds just awful - nobody would want to live like that!

Are you sure that all of this is linked to menopause? I know all the symptoms you have can be linked to menopause but has your doctor considered that the problem may stem from thyroid disease or adrenal fatigue? Or a rather nasty combination.Have you had your thyroid and adrenal hormones checked out?

Also, there is a strong link between CFS and adrenal fatigue - read more here: http://www.empowher.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/content/chronic-fatigue...

Please let us know what you think-

Hi Susan,
Thanks so much for your comment. By the way, my name is Vicky, I missed the part where to put my name. Ha.
Yes, they have checked my thyroid and it is fine. I believe it is menopause related because I was ok up until that time. It does sound like Adrenal fatigue but there are no tests for that and I don't believe this is a confirmed condition. Doesn't diet pretty much help that? Hard to eat right when you feel bad and food tastes awful.
CFS hasn't been talked about much. One doctor just asked if I had ever been diagnosed with that and I said no. Again there is no definitive test for it.
It just feels like something isn't firing in my brain. Then it will lift and I'll feel like myself again for another few months and then back to all of this again. It is really strange and I feel like I have no control over it (may be the worst part, ha).
Anyway, thank you for your input, I will check out the links. Have a blessed day!
Vicky

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :