why do I have no sex drive?

I'm only 22 years old and haven't been I terested in sex for almost 2 years now. I've been worth my boyfriend foot almost 3 and feel terrible that I make excuses to not have sex. I don't get turned on at all, and it doesn't help that he doesn't try to turn me on. It almost feels like has tired of trying because I just don't get turned on like I used to... I don't get any kind of moisture down there at all and we all know that's even less enjoyable while trying to have sex. There have been times when I've stopped mid sex and started crying because I feel ashamed to be a woman. I can't get turned on, I can't get wet, and I never get an orgasm. I've only had an orgasm twice since 16 from a partner... I usually have to do the work. But what's the point in sex if I have to do everything? I don't feel like a girl because all of my friends can have an orgasm within minutes and I'm lucky if I even get sort of wet. I ask my boyfriend to try new things but he isn't comfortable and I don't think he understands how upset this makes me.

I'm very unhappy because I've never had normal sexual experiences like my friends. Is it my hormones? I don't want to take any because I don't want any weight gain... I've gained almost 30 lbs in the past 2 years which also makes me disgusted in my body. I'm on birth control nexplanon, does that have anything to do with anything?

Thank you for saying what birth control you are on as it can affect sex drive. Nexplanon is one of those medications that has many complaints when it comes to sex drive as people believe the progestin (hormone) it contains is lowering or completely removing their libido.

When you say you don't want to take hormones - this is a hormone and it can also cause weight gain.

We have talked to many women here who have removed these kinds of implanted birth controls and felt a lot better quite quickly. We cannot say if this is the cause and most doctors will say it isn't. But I would say it's something to consider.

Please keep us posted.

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide